2nd Trimester

Breaking him in gently... or should we say baby steps.

Brought my husband to Babies R Us for the first time over the weekend. We just walked around and I pointed out a few things I like. His to conclusions for the trip:

1. Baby Stuff is expensive

2. you need a lot of stuff for a little baby

At least he will not be so blown away when it comes time to register. and maybe I can finally get him to start weeding through some of the crap he has stored in the basement to make some room for baby related stuff. All and All a Success!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Breaking him in gently... or should we say baby steps.

• I got one like that too.. we are looking forward to registering though.. it's just cleaning the crap out of the house..that's taking time! :(
    IVF - 9/09 - BFN! :( IVF #2 - ER 3/16; ET 3/18 with one embryo Beta 3/30 -- BFN! :( IVF #3 - 5/10 - BFN! IVF #4 - 11/10 - BFP. m/c at 6weeks :( FET #1 - 2/11 - BFP. beta on 2/21 :) Thank you God! :) u/s on 3/7 showed TWINS! u/s on 3/11 TWO heartbeats! Couldn't be happier :)
  • I'm half hoping that DH will just let me register by myself.  I've done a lot of research and have a lot of ideas of what I want and I don't see DH having much of a strong opinion on certain things.  The only thing I'll want him to test out is the stroller, to make sure he likes it.
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Loading the player...
  • awesnapawesnap member
    Honestly, you probably don't NEED all that stuff, but it makes your life easier. I recommend checking out baby bargains and lucieslist.com before registering.
    BFP CP 1/12/11 DD born 10/16/11
  • My DH and I did the same thing this weekend and he had the same response as your DH... he did get excited when he saw all the Chicago White Sox/Bears baby clothes and he got really excited when he saw the MamaRoo Swing! He said that he doesn't care if we register for anything else, but he wants that swing!LOL
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I will probably leave him home when I do finally register but I want him to feel included even though I am pretty sure he doesn't care and I am ok with that. I just wanted him to be part of the process. You only have one baby shower so I plan on registering for every gadget and gizmo I like and all the necessities as well. I just wanted him to get a real feeling about how much stuff is needed and will soon be in our home...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Guys are so funny!  My husband and I visited our 6 month old nephew this past weekend (5 hrs away).  Despite how much I've tried to explain to him the features of products/other pregnancy things, when he saw all the gadgets our nephew had he got so excited and said stuff like, "We're getting one of these, RIGHT?" (the swing) and he was SOOO impressed with the travel system stroller...which I"ve explained many times to no avail.  I agree that men need to absorb the baby stuff phenomenon in small doses ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"