Dress suggestions please — The Bump
3rd Trimester

Dress suggestions please

I have my parents anniversary party this weekend and I have not been able to find a dress for it.  I have pants and a nice top for a back up but I would really like to wear a dress.  I have searched Macy's and Motherhood and came up empty.

Any suggestions?

Re: Dress suggestions please

• I saw some cute maternity dresses at Kohls the other day.
  •  I bought this one at Target last week to wear to a couple of weddings this summer and one shortly after the baby is born. It is super comfy, doesn't scream "maternity," and should be pretty versatile.

http://www.target.com/Lange-Target-Maternity-Sleeveless-V-Neck/dp/B004J6KZTW/ref=sc_qi_detaillink 

ETA: Fixed the link 

• We just had two weddings this past weekend and  have another one next weekend.  At this point in my pregnancy, I dont really want to buy any maternity clothes.  I tried on my empire non-maternity dresses and the fit fine!  I think just about any empire maxi dress will work, you just have to worry about the length on the short dresses.  I bought a cute maxi dress from Kohls that I will be wearing this weekend.
    Steph - mama to Owen Patrick 2/20/02, Ryder Jacob 11/3/05 and Brody Ryan 7/14/2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image chillyupnorth:

I bought this one at Target last week to wear to a couple of weddings this summer and one shortly after the baby is born. It is super comfy, doesn't scream "maternity," and should be pretty versatile.

http://www.target.com/Lange-Target-Maternity-Sleeveless-V-Neck/dp/B004J6KZTW/ref=sc_qi_detaillink 

ETA: Fixed the link 

I got a dress similar to this one from Target and it's the most compfy thing I've worn yet. It looks really cute too.

BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • i bought this in this pattern and black from Old Navy yesterday.  Super comfortable and I've had lots of complements on the black one today.  It's not maternity wear so i plan to wear it after baby

http://oldnavy.gapcanada.ca/browse/product.do?cid=68334&vid=1&pid=839465&scid=839465023

• I have several cute, flowy-type of dresses, but I am also searching for a dress. I am looking for something in a thigcker fabric, maybe with more structure? I don't want it fitted, just more structure, if that makes sense. With the power of my computer, I have been everywhere today!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have several cute, flowy-type of dresses, but I am also searching for a dress. I am looking for something in a thicker fabric, maybe with more structure? I don't want it fitted, just more structure, if that makes sense. With the power of my computer, I have been everywhere today!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Gap maternity has some great styles and you can always find something on sale... Bought a super cute black dress for work for $50
  • clo1982clo1982
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    Macy's INC brand maxi dresses! I bought 3 this weekend. Never tried one on before being pregnant, but my pre-pregnancy size fit so I should be able to get some use out of it afterward too. Very flattering also!
  • lisamoelisamoe
    5000 Comments 250 Answers Fifth Anniversary 25 Love Its
    I got a really cute black dress (cottony fabric) from Target- Liz Lange. Its available online also.  Cute, gathers under bust to make you not feel like you are wearing a tent and of course its comfy. I think they have it in red also. Wore it to a wedding saturday and it felt great.

• image samfish2bcrab:

i bought this in this pattern and black from Old Navy yesterday.  Super comfortable and I've had lots of complements on the black one today.  It's not maternity wear so i plan to wear it after baby

http://oldnavy.gapcanada.ca/browse/product.do?cid=68334&vid=1&pid=839465&scid=839465023

Oh, yes...my dear sweet ON.  It has kept me looking cute and feeling comfy this entire pregnance.  Motherhood is great but kinda expensive...and I've had problems with the quality of a lot of the items I've purchased there.  Seams unravelling, holes after one or two washes, etc.  Old Navy has a lot of simple, cotton looks that you can dress up or dress down.  Love it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I am not sure how dressy of a dress you want, but I wore this one to my shower and received a lot of compliments.  It is really comfy too!  It isn't maternity, but fit really well. 

http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.aspx?pf_id=41475

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards