2nd Trimester

Short of breath and very heavy stomach...HELP

Okay ladies.  Today I feel absolutely miserable.  I need some advice or pointers on how you get through tough days.  I'm short of breath and my stomach seems very heavy today.  I've not really felt like this before, so I think baby must have had a big growth spurt over the weekend.  I would like nothing better than to go home and lay in the bed, but I still have 5 more hours of work and I don't know how I'm going to make it.  Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated!  TIA

Re: Short of breath and very heavy stomach...HELP

• I get the heavy belly thing when I've been on my feet too much. LO nestles as low as it can go and it is extremely uncomfortable. The only advice I can give you is to lay down on your left side with a glass of ice water or some juice.  That should encourage LO to move to a more comfortable location. It doesn't take long, about 15-20 minutes. Afterwards, try to sit with your feet up for the rest of the afternoon if you can and be sure to drink a lot of water (it helps with the shortness of breath)
    BFP #1 05/11/10 Natural m/c 05/17/10 BFP #2 12/07/10 Natural m/c 12/12/10 BFP #3 01/21/11 Taking Prometrium, Baby Aspirin, and two injections of heparin a day Lightning Bug was born a healthy and happy 7lbs 14oz on 9/20/211
  • i just had this problem on sunday along with severe lower back pain.  i ended up drinking lots of water and napping on the couch for 3 hours. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyName Ticker pregnancy BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Hmm...it's not an immediate fix, but have you considered having your iron levels tested? I didn't until about 26-28 weeks last time (when I did the GD test) but they found I was anemic, which is pretty common when pregnant. Some symptoms include being tired, weak, dizzy, irritable, and most notably, short of breath. With my son I could see in hindsight that my excessive short-of-breath-ness and tiredness was from my anemia, but I didn't even know to consider it. I ended up going on iron pills for the remainder of my pregnancy, and it got more manageable.

Just a thought!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"