March 2011 Moms

DH vent.

Ok I'm sure I'm overreacting and being a bit of a brat, but I just need to vent about something.  DS is getting baptized on June 19th, and DH's family (his mom,sister, BIL, and their 10 month old TRIPLETS) are all staying with us.  Now, I like everyone and get along well with them, but I'm totally stressed out about them all infiltrating my house! So last night I hear DH talking to his mom about them all coming and how the triplets will be using DS's PnP and stuff. Ok, fine. Well then DH says he'll be putting together DS's brand new, never used highchair for them to use too.  

Here's where I'm being a brat... but I don't want them to use his brand new stuff!  He should be the first one to use it!  I know in the grand scheme of things it really doesn't matter, but it really bothers me!  It's bad enough that they are all staying with us. I don't know, I guess I just needed to vent.  Am I overreacting?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: DH vent.

• I know what you mean about not wanting them to use your stuff before your baby I would have the same reacation. However, I think you are going to have to suck it up. Travelling with one baby means packing a lot of stuff so I could only imagine having to travel with 3.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • It is petty, but the high chair thing would totally bug me too! But im not sure i would have even let them stay there.
  • Loading the player...
  • This was me when DD was about 2 weeks old! My DH's family was coming to town with their 2 year old for the baptism and DH offered for them to stay with us and let them use all our brand new stuff (PnP, highchair, stroller, etc). I was not too happy with the idea of having house guests with a new 2 week old baby and once he told me that he said they could use all of stuff I lost it (could have been hormones too I suppose. haha) We made other arrangements and they stayed with DH's parents. It may seem a little petty now, but at the time I couldn't help it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would be upset about too. Is there any way you could stop by a baby consignment store and see if they have the small type that strap to normal dinning chairs. If not make sure you dh dosent offer anything else without at least asking you. I hate when dh does that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My DH does that too.  He is a very generous person and such a people pleaser, which is a wonderful trait to a point.  He offered friends to use our brand new BOB when they stayed at our house in January (we got it for Christmas).  That's the only thing that bothered me.  DS slept in our room in a PnP so when we had DH's brother, SIL and niece some, she used DS's crib.  Our PnP was in use, and she was 7 months old so it was nice for her to have her own room.  Next time they come, it won't be as nice! 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It is petty, but I wouldn't like it either.  My parents bought us a PnP and my nephew was coming to stay with them (I was still pregnant) and wanted to borrow it.  Luckily they ended up not coming.  I don't know why but it wouldn't bother me now that we've used it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"