Toddlers: 24 Months+

DD is always itching her scalp.

She doesn't have lice, i've ruled that out. There is no dandruff. Her scalp isn't even red, before or after scratching it.

Any thoughts? She does have sensitive/eczema prone skin but it's been fine for a while with no flare ups.  Her shampoo is dye free but lightly scented (It's Suave) but i've been using it for a while now and the itching/scratching just started within the past 3 weeks.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: DD is always itching her scalp.

• DS has the same issues and also scratches his head all the time. He's been doing in more now that the weather is warming up. I think it may be another allergy thing.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
  • DD did this too. I switched her to this California Baby shampoo and it eliminated the issue!

https://www.californiababy.com/tea-tree-lavender-shampoo-bodywash-8-5-oz.html

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • It may be the shampoo. I have the same problem and can only use Head & Shoulders Extreme Dry Scalp shampoo/conditioner. If I use any other kind of for more than a week (cheap stuff or the expensive salon brands), my scalp gets unbearably itchy. Maybe switch her to something for sensitive skin with no perfumes and see if that helps...
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageebb7:

DD did this too. I switched her to this California Baby shampoo and it eliminated the issue!

https://www.californiababy.com/tea-tree-lavender-shampoo-bodywash-8-5-oz.html

This works for us too.  DD has incredibly sensitive skin coupled with some food issues that cause itchy rashes.  This seems to help her, though.  DD has been taking showers lately instead of baths and I think that also helps because it's easier to completely rinse everything out.  I took her to the pedi b/c she was itching so much and of course they look for lice in addition to something else and there was nothing there.  Sometimes I'll give her an Aveeno bath or put baking soda in the bath (including rinsing her hair with it) and that also seems to help.    

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"