Austin Babies
Options

6 days in . . . (an update on us)

So here's the scoop on our experiences going from three to four. All truth.

It's freaking awesome.

It is so, so, SO much easier this time around. Yes, I realize this is the honeymoon phase, that DD is still probably enamored of "baby Sam" and will start to lose interest and patience sometime soon. Yes, I realize a newborn sleeps a lot and isn't as demanding as he'll be in the weeks to come. 

But even this first week with DD was so incredibly difficult. Aside from the c/s and all my issues dealing with that, becoming a parent for the first time was HARD. We didn't know what we were doing. Everything freaked me out (why isn't she sleeping?? Is she sleeping too much?? etc.), and the feeding issues we had with DD kept me in a state of constant anxiety.

With DS, it's kind of old hat. He eats like a champ (YAY), he's a snuggle addict, we are comfortable taking him out and about already because I know I'll be able to feed him or comfort him or whatever when/if I need to. 

And oh my god. The things it does to my heart when DD loves on him. We had gotten her a big sister book to prepare her early on, and it says in there that sometimes when the baby cries, he just wants some milk. The first day we brought him home and he started crying, she started running around to us saying, "MILK! MILK! Baby Sam MILK!" She's so protective of him and gets really agitated when he fusses. We've taught her to say "It's okay, baby Sam" and that seems to make her feel like she's helping to soothe him. 

So for us, the second time around has started off SO much easier than the first time, and it is the most amazing thing I've ever felt to see my two kids interact.

I'm all blissed out, yo. Big Smile

Dear Bump: You suck.

Re: 6 days in . . . (an update on us)

• Options
    MrsAJLMrsAJL member
    I am so happy for y'all!  Enjoy every second of it, rssn!!
  • Options
    Yay!  That is so great to hear.  Glad you are blissed out!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Awww, how sweet!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Awesome!

(this does not help with my baby fever)
  • Options
    :love:: I'm so happy for you guys!
  • Options
    Yay!  So glad to hear things are going well.  It also gives me hope for the future.  I know I want another one but am still a little scared.  Glad to hear the second time around can go so well!
  • Options

Awww...now my womb aches.

Congrats little family!

Photo by Melissa Glynn
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    That's so great!  Our DD is still enamored with DS 6 months in, so hopefully your DD is the same way.  It just gets better and better!
  • Options
    Yay! How cute! I'm so glad it's going so well.
  • Options
    So, so thrilled for you guys (and yes, selfishly relieved to hear that things are going so well). Which big sister book did you guys get for Ali?
  • Options
    That is so awesome to hear! 
    Help for Haiti: Learn What You Can Do

BFP 12.20.2010 :: missed m/c 1/2011 around 8 weeks
    BFP @ 9dpo 5.24.2011 :: missed m/c 6/2011 around 7 weeks
    positive for ANAs (1:40) with a speckled pattern
    MTHFR c677t mutation (heterozygous)
    *folic acid, baby asprin, Prometrium, acupuncture, Lovenox*
    BFP @ 9dpo 2.1.2012 || HCG = 8 : Progesterone = 19.2
    2nd HCG @ 11dpo = 40 || 3rd HCG @ 21dpo = over 5000!
    Stick, little one, stick! EDD October 15, 2012
  • Options
    So cute!
  • Options

imageMrs.Talala:
    Yay!  So glad to hear things are going well.  It also gives me hope for the future.  I know I want another one but am still a little scared.  Glad to hear the second time around can go so well!

This - totally.  So awesome!

No siggy pic until TB gets rid of Twitter and FB links Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Love hearing this! thanks! and i'm glad everything is going well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Aww...glad you are having a smooth transition.

This gives me hope that things will go better with #2 than with #1.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Wonderful, wonderful.  This just made today a pro-baby #3 kind of day.  :)  So happy for you guys.
  • Options
    Wonderful!!!!  I'm so glad the transition is going smoothly.  Makes me happy for you and gives me hope for the future Smile
  • Options
    Yay!  That is wonderful to hear!  Your DD sounds like such a sweet big sister!
  • Options

imageMrs.Talala:

My thoughts exactly. So happy for you!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Awww...I just giggled when I read the part about Ali running around the house yelling milk.  Ha.  You guys may what you're doing now that Sam is your second but this is Ali's first little brother so now she kind of sounds like the stressed out parents you and the rssn were with her.  She's going to be such a great big sister.  
  • Options
    What a great post.  I am so happy to hear that it's going so well.  Good job, mama!
  • Options
    EmerEmer member

Yay!  I'm so glad things are going well!!

imagerssnlvr:
    Yes, I realize this is the honeymoon phase, that DD is still probably enamored of "baby Sam" and will start to lose interest and patience sometime soon. 

Sometimes that phase lasts for years :)  It sounds like you're off to a great start.

• Options
    hooray!
  • Options
    Whew!  I'm so glad to hear this :-)  And I'm so happy for you guys!  Hope to meet Sam soon!!
    image Bloom Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yay!  So glad you are all adjusting so well! 
  • Options
    Glad to hear it's going so well. The second time around was so much easier for us too.  And it continued...so hope it does for you all too!
  • Options
    I'm so happy for you!  Your family is beautiful.  :)
  • Options
    Thanks for this update! So glad it is going so blissfully!! Gives me hope for #2 too!
    Our Christmas Eve baby>Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers>
  • Options
    So happy for you!
    Photobucket

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

**the nestie formerly known as karen2508**
  • Options
    Yay!!  Enjoy.
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Glad everything is going so well.  It is so cute that A is so protective!!
  • Options

Yay!! So glad to hear that everything is going so well!

And I totally agree, it is freaking awesome!!

• Options

Enjoy being blissed out!  I agree with a couple other posters, sometimes that phase lasts for years.  Mine are still besties and their interaction is magical.

Go Rssn family, rockin' the newborn stage!

• Options
    That's so awesome!  Glad things are going so well.  It's exactly what I want to hear.  :)
    imageimage
  • Options
    It's so great to hear that this second time around is so wonderful!! gives me some hope for next time, too. :)  I am very happy for you and your little brood!
  • Options

Oh no.  ::shakes head:: You're doomed.

Big Smile 

• Options
    Aw, glad to hear things are going so great!  :-)
  • Options
    imagebobcatsteph:
    Awesome!

(this does not help with my baby fever)
    Ditto! But many congrats to you and I'm sonhappy for you that it's going so well!
  • Options

imageMrs.Talala:

Same here! Congrats!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    So glad it is going so well!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"