Baby Names

Post your facebook, hospital & other name horrors here

Per this thread, we're hoping to condense a lot of the "gawker" threads into one! We thought this would make them more fun to browse and the board an easier read. We'll start a new thread every day to keep the list fresh.

Anyone is welcome to add to the post--local hospital names, the awful name you over heard at the park, Facebook horrors, and anything else that might give us a good chuckle! Feel free to comment, too.

Re: Post your facebook, hospital & other name horrors here

• Piper Horne (Horne, after Lena Horne, is the mn). No issues with Piper, but Horne is a ridiculous mn with that first name. To me that's like naming your kid Baker Cake. Or Driver Racecar. To each her own, I guess.
    Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I posted yesterday and completely forgot about the worst one I know! Ya might think my addict cousin and his gf did something right in choosing a unique, feminine name for their little girl:

Indica

...until you find out it's a species of WEED

sigh.

• Loading the player...
  • imageSoyager:

I posted yesterday and completely forgot about the worst one I know! Ya might think my addict cousin and his gf did something right in choosing a unique, feminine name for their little girl:

Indica

...until you find out it's a species of WEED

sigh.

Holy crap!!!! That poor little girl :( 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Candida.

It's a friend of a friend on FB.  In case the word sounds familiar but you can't quite place it, it's a yeast infection. Ick!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers ***This space reserved for photo of new squish***
  • fraseyfrasey member
    imageStrawberryAlarmClock:

Candida. In case the word sounds familiar but you can't quite place it, it's a yeast infection. Ick!

YES! I cant believe people actually use this as a name!! How completely in appropriate and downright gross. Id rather be named Mushroom than Candida.

BabyFruit Ticker

• stahlopstahlop member
    imagefrasey:
    imageStrawberryAlarmClock:

Candida. In case the word sounds familiar but you can't quite place it, it's a yeast infection. Ick!

YES! I cant believe people actually use this as a name!! How completely in appropriate and downright gross. Id rather be named Mushroom than Candida.

This is actually a legitimate name.  To be honest, I've never heard it used as a term for a yeast infection.

CANDIDA

Usage: Late Roman, English

Pronounced: KAN-di-d? (English)  [key]

Late Latin name derived from candidus meaning "white". This was the name of several early saints, including a woman supposedly healed by Saint Peter. As an English name, it came into use after George Bernard Shaw's play 'Candida' (1898).

imageimageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker      

• Our server at lunch today's name was Myka. It was a girl, all I could think was maybe Micah?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • stahlopstahlop member
    imagehopedbell87:

Our server at lunch today's name was Myka. It was a girl, all I could think was maybe Micah?

There's a tv character with that name on the SyFy series, Warehouse 13.  Our dog is named Micah and is a girl, so I associate it as a unisex name (she's named after the mineral though).

And, I've been meaning to post this name forever.  I had a masters student when I worked at a University named Faith-Love.  If I recall correctly, she went by Love.  She also  had a ridiculously hyphenated last name (although, she only went by one of those as well).

imageimageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• I just got a summer program registration form from someone named Tangy. Horrible.
  • AndLynAndLyn member
    An acquaintance's baby boy is named Colyn. I'm guessing it's pronounced like Colin?
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • My masseusse was LaZonya. As in- Lasagna with a youneek spelling. Double whammy!

My checkout girl at the grocery story was Brytish. Another double whammy.

Visit The Nest!Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Nest! Anniversary
    VOTE on my Name List image 7 anovulatory cycles, 1 cycle 50 mg clomid, 4 cycles 100mg clomid, HSG double blockage, hysteroscopy with cyst and debris removal, fermara/IUI attempt abandoned because of anovulation, follistim/IUI attempt coming soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"