2nd Trimester

Turbo charged...guilt?

Good morning ladies,

I need an outside opinion as I am driving DH crazy with my obsessing.   I got in touch with some friends Friday I haven't seen in ages, to tell them about the pending LO.  They invited us to barbeque on Sunday, so I wrote back 'Sure, let me know when and what we can bring!'

I never heard back, emailed again on Saturday, then Sunday morning with our phone #s (it's been years since we've spoken and had no current #s for them).  In any case, the husband leaves a message at almost 5pm on Sunday asking if we're still coming, which doesn't work for us, since we live over an hour away, it's late and we have a puppy to be walked.

This morning, I come into work to find out the servers have been down.  I get a message, just this morning, that he sent on Friday afternoon after I left telling us the time and what to bring.    I feel like a schmuck and apologize over email, but my Catholic guilt, super-charged by the pregnancy hormones, are making me want to send them a small apology gift.

Am I over-reacting???

Re: Turbo charged...guilt?

• Yeah, I can understand the mix-up and I am sure they can too.  I would not send an apology gift.  I think there is really nothing you can do about this one.  I would email again soon and see if they can meet you out for dinner...that way you can see them and they know you wanted to get together with them.
  • I don't think a gift is necessary. A phone call or a handwritten note with an invitation to meet up for dinner sometime soon will probaby work.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you ladies!

I hate to admit it, but my judgement is a little, um, wonky these days.  I appreciate the reality check.  Geeked

Now that I think of it, my spelling is a bit wonky too.  LOL.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"