High-Risk Pregnancy

GD mommies...I need to vent....

In the last couple of days- all I want to do is eat.  :(  not necessarily "badly", but more like whenever I want.  I have the munchies and having to wait two hours when I am hungry an hour later (like after breakfast) sucks....

That's all...just thought some of you guys might be able to relate...  :(

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: GD mommies...I need to vent....

• I feel your pain - I've been the same way the last few days. And my numbers are higher than usual and I'm spilling more ketones than usual :( I see my endo and dietitian this week and I'm going to ask about adding more protein to breakfast and my snacks and see if that helps. The whole thing is just trial and error, it's so frustrating!
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have had very hungry afternoons for about 4 days now.  I feel like I am just watching the clock to see if I can eat my sad, little snack.  I feel like it just takes the edge off my hunger and I'm hungry within 15 minutes of eating it.  Ugh.  Dinner is a disaster, because DD ends up in my lap halfway through the meal and I feel like I am racing the clock to eat.  I am again staring at the clock to see when I can have my evening snack- 15 gms carb and 1 cup of milk.  Check out the ticker- I've got a long way to go!  Oh well- I hope that this hungry phase ends soon.  I felt this way around weeks 13 and 14 and then it went away. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm there too.  I want to eat when I want to eat, yet I can't.
  • imagerainlily:
    I have had very hungry afternoons for about 4 days now.  I feel like I am just watching the clock to see if I can eat my sad, little snack.  I feel like it just takes the edge off my hunger and I'm hungry within 15 minutes of eating it.  Ugh.  Dinner is a disaster, because DD ends up in my lap halfway through the meal and I feel like I am racing the clock to eat.  I am again staring at the clock to see when I can have my evening snack- 15 gms carb and 1 cup of milk.  Check out the ticker- I've got a long way to go!  Oh well- I hope that this hungry phase ends soon.  I felt this way around weeks 13 and 14 and then it went away. 

Snacks are so sad and little :( My evening snack is huge due to ketones (45 grams of carbs, more than a meal for me!) but I feel like morning and afternoon just aren't enough. DD eats more for her snacks than I do :(

Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagememali26:

imagerainlily:
    I have had very hungry afternoons for about 4 days now.  I feel like I am just watching the clock to see if I can eat my sad, little snack.  I feel like it just takes the edge off my hunger and I'm hungry within 15 minutes of eating it.  Ugh.  Dinner is a disaster, because DD ends up in my lap halfway through the meal and I feel like I am racing the clock to eat.  I am again staring at the clock to see when I can have my evening snack- 15 gms carb and 1 cup of milk.  Check out the ticker- I've got a long way to go!  Oh well- I hope that this hungry phase ends soon.  I felt this way around weeks 13 and 14 and then it went away. 

Snacks are so sad and little :( My evening snack is huge due to ketones (45 grams of carbs, more than a meal for me!) but I feel like morning and afternoon just aren't enough. DD eats more for her snacks than I do :(

LOL.  My DD's snacks are bigger than mine, too!  It is harder with a toddler grazing around all day.  She asks for two snacks in the morning sometimes!  Or the worst is having to cut up fruit for her in the morning.  It smells so good, but I feel like it would be the equivalent of eating a tbsp of rat poison.  Boo. 

• imagememali26:

imagerainlily:

LOL.  My DD's snacks are bigger than mine, too!  It is harder with a toddler grazing around all day.  She asks for two snacks in the morning sometimes!  Or the worst is having to cut up fruit for her in the morning.  It smells so good, but I feel like it would be the equivalent of eating a tbsp of rat poison.  Boo. 

• Do you have a free foods list? I'm able to snack from those if I feel like I'm starving and it's a quick way for me to see if I'm really hungry or just bored-hungry. It might also be worth asking the doc if you can bump up to a higher calorie plan if you feel like you are constantly hungry between the meals and snacks.
  • Me too. I cheated yesterday and had a small DQ shake (yes, very, very bad), but it was heaven. I feel like I'm always hungry, though. I had lunch just over an hour ago, and I'm already starving. :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• OMG, me too!  I just feel ravenous lately!  I feel like the second I'm done eating, I'm ready for another meal.  I have my snack, and I want a meal!  I can't wait for THIS to be over!

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• sraexxsraexx member
    Most the time I am okay, but I get so frustrated on the weekends. I want to go out for Mexican and eat chips and more than 2 tiny tacos. I want enchiladas, beans, rice and burritos. Or Indian food with extra Naan or Chinese with Lo Mein...sigh. I am sick of meat and salad with scoop o' carb. I want heaps of starchy ethnic food.
    BabyName Ticker
    my read shelf:
    Summer Rae Garcia's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • imagerainlily:
    imagememali26:

imagerainlily:

The fruit thing is a killer! We like to do big breakfasts on Saturdays when DH is home to cook, and my favorite is crepes with strawberries. Totally out of the question until Sept Crying

Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My DH is keeping a list of things that I'm going to eat just as soon as I have the baby.  It starts out with frosted mini wheats and proceeds through a bunch of my favorites and ends with homemade pepperoni bread.  I'm definitely looking forward to some good, carb-heavy food!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"