LGBT Parenting

How was your holiday weekend?

what did you do this weekend?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: How was your holiday weekend?

• 2brides2brides member
    It can basically be summed up by grilling and swimming. :)

Friday - we took the kids to the playground and then grilled burgers.

Saturday - L did yardwork and then we all went with her to her chiropractor appt and did errands. Took a family nap and then took the kids to the community pool. Grilled dinner. How did I just discover the deliciousness of ricotta salata on most anything?

Sunday - L did yard work and then we went to the gym where L got a pedicure and the kids went to childcare. I tried to run a few errands, but nothing was open. We went to the Cheesecake factory for lunch and then back to the gym to go to the pool there (way too cold and crowded!) Grilled sweet onion burgers from Whole Foods. YUM. We watched Little Fockers after they went to bed.

Monday - L ran errands and did yard work while I took the kids to a birthday party. L continued to work in the yard and I ran to Home Depot while the kids napped. Met friends at our community pool and went swimming. After they went to bed, we watched The Other Woman (ehhh.)

It was a good weekend - but I am not crazy about this weather. :thumbs_down:
  • Fri: Ran errands early and Ky managed to stay awake through most of them (she usually passes out in the car) so she took a big nap in the afternoon, almost 4 hours...Needless to say my housework was all done when she got up! I fed her some lunch and we went to the park. She cried on the swing but LOVED watching the ducks swim in the pool. Then we went to look at some birthday party stuff.

Sat: Work...boo. Some friends were supposed to come over later in the evening but we both fell asleep on the couch and we never answered our phones...we woke up around 2 Am to a bunch mesages.

Sun: My mom and I went bathing suit shopping...ugh. When I got home, Ky and I changed and all of us went to Ann's aunt and uncle's for a bbq. That was so much fun to watch the kiddos run around and just eat and have fun.

Mon: We went swimming. It was a hot mess, Ky cried unless she was just sitting on the side of the pool. She also cried anytime Ann even looked at her. No idea why but Mama was not even allowed to glance in her direction. After naps all around, Ky and I went to my mom's to help her clean the playroom. We got one of those colored bin storage syatems from her and are SO excited to put it in our living room to contain her toy explosion.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • It had its ups and downs.  Friday after work, LO and I went to a local restaurant to sit on the patio, have some appys and for me to enjoy a drink.  Well about half way through my drink, LO projectile vomited her lunch all over the table and herself. Lovely.  She was acting 100% fine so I figured it was just something she ate.  About 20 minutes later it happened again. Ugh.  

Saturday morning she woke up thirsty so I gave her water.  She was running around and playing just fine.  Took a few bites of banana and yup, 40 minutes later projectile all over the couch. Lovely.

Turns out there was a bug going around her daycare and several kids were sick Friday/Saturday night.  No fever, nothing else, so it was fine but it meant staying home most of a beautiful Saturday.

Sunday we ran errands and putzed around.

Monday we went shopping and to a friend's house for dinner.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I can't remember friday...I never can.  I don't think we did anything.

Sat I tutored in the am and then we went to look at the possible apt in the afternoon.  I was sold on the space alone.  We actually looked at the apt downstairs because we couldn't see upstairs yet (this week though).  The space is great and it will allow us to be much more sane with an office for dw to work in and a third bedroom.  Cons are the not updated kitchen.  I don't mind so much but dw is concerned.  I thinks she is warming to the idea as she was looking at furniture online yesterday (we will need some stuff since we will have 2 extra rooms!) We also will have 2 bathrooms heaven!  Sat late afternoon my parents came over for a visit and dw went to a movie with a friend.  My parents left when E went to sleep so I had a nice quiet evening to myself.

Sunday we went to a bbq to celebrate a friend from grad school finishing her PhD.  They live out in Harvard Ma  and part of their house is the original one room school house from the 1800s.  It is so cool.  The weather was great and E had an awesome time in the pool and running around their yard.

Monday we went out for breakfast and to the park.   I tutored and then we went to run errands.  E didn't nap well when we got back but we had a nice evening hanging out and grilling before an early bedtime.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've got to say, there is just nothing better than coming home from vacation to a 3 day weekend :)

Saturday DW gave me a break and took the kids to chuckie cheese (shudder). I was able to go into the office for a bit then enjoyed a mani/pedi - lovely! Sprout was so excited about my pretty sparkly toes that he asked to have his nails painted.  So after rest, he was proudly sporting some green and blue toe nails. Then we ran some errands and went out to dinner at a new restaurant.

Sunday we went to Dinosaur State Park and make an impression of a real dinosaur foot print.  The kids LOVED it and Sprout insisted on keeping it in the car so we could show everyone we visited this weekend.  Apparently the paleontology wore them out b/c all 3 proceeded to take 3.5 hour naps and didnt wake until 5pm - especially nice for me since DW had gone to work.  Then we headed over to my parents house for a cook out and bon fire.  The kids didnt get to bed unitl 9:30 which is officially the lastest they've ever been up. 

Monday morning we went to a friend's house for a Memorial day brunch/play date.  DW once again headed off to work and the kids once again took a great nap.  After we went to the playground (it was so damn hot) and got ice cream.  We cooled off with baths and then it was back to bed to get ready for the return to work/school.

• image2brides:
    After they went to bed, we watched The Other Woman (ehhh.)

We watched that this week too (along with No Strings Attached - it was a Natalie Portman marathon) and I kinda liked it...but i suppose it was in a good position being just after No Strings (very ehhh).

• Friday: I don't quite remember which equates to probably not much of anything lol

Saturday: We went shopping at the mall. I bought new work clothes during a sale at loft and ann taylor. We also purchased a new camera, we love it but it may be too high tech for us, we're still trying to get the hang of using it.

Sunday: We went to church in the morning and walked around afterwards taking pictures in the public gardens. Sunday afternoon we had a picnic at a local beach area.

Monday: We stayed home did homework and I cooked a really big dinner so we will have lots of leftovers for lunch this week.

Our NEW Blog
    Married my best friend 5*15*2008 Trying to start our family 8*2011
    unmedicated iui#3= bfp 10/20/11! beta#1=11, beta#2=85, beta#3=741,beta#4=1000,beta#5=2146,beta#6=7454 *please keep doubling* imageimageBabyFruit Ticker
  • 2brides2brides member
    imagectbride08:

image2brides:
    After they went to bed, we watched The Other Woman (ehhh.)

We watched that this week too (along with No Strings Attached - it was a Natalie Portman marathon) and I kinda liked it...but i suppose it was in a good position being just after No Strings (very ehhh).

Yea, I was glad it was a $1 Redbox movie.

• Great weekend. We met my BFF (of 15+ years) and her husband in Miami. They picked us up on Friday night (we flew down after work) and checked into the condo, then we went out for Cuban food.

Saturday we go up early-ish and drove to Key West. The traffic wasn't bad and it was a beautiful, but hot, day. We stopped at a diner on the way out. We visited Earnest Hemingway's house - he's my favorite author and I've wanted to do that for so long. Then we walked around, shopped, stopped and had drinks and treats at various places. Key West randomly has a Coach outlet in the middle of the main drag, and I bought a super-cute summery clutch on clearance for 40 bucks. We were all hot and tired by then, so we had seafood and drove home and hit the condo pool until it closed.

Sunday we slept in and then spent the day at the beach. I was surprised at how great it was - it wasn't insanely crowded like the beaches near here, and the water was clear, warm and beautiful. I spent a long time just playing around in the waves, and then laid out and had yummy drinkies (mmm pina colada). We went to Nobu for dinner - huge splurge, but we all LOVE sushi, and it was fantastic. Afterward we went to a club and ended up getting home at 2am - I cannot tell you how very out-of-character that is for Jen and I, but it was fun.

Monday we went to the Everglades, but the water level is very, very low right now, so we didn't get to go out in a boat. We ended up just doing some walking trails, but we did get to see lots of gators and cool birds, so it was still fun. Went out for Cuban food again and then snuck into the waterfront condo complex where they filmed the exteriors for Dexter's apartment on Dexter. We just snapped a few quick photos and left, since real people live there and we didn't want to be annoying. And then they dropped us at the airport and we came home. They're staying a few more days and I'm jealous :)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Friday was my usual every other Friday routine, take J to work, drop A off at her Dad's house, come home and do something until midnight when I have to pick J up from work.

Saturday we went to the IL's to visit J's aunts.

Sunday Iz and I hung out at home while J worked.

Yesterday I got some bread dough put together then realized my oven wasn't working so we had to rush over to the IL's house to use their oven.  One loaf didn't survive the car ride and the dough collapsed before I could bake it but the other turned out fantastic!  BIL fried chicken necks, pigs feet and chicken and MIL made rice and a cabbage salad for dinner.  I ate rice and queso fresco tacos, it was delish.  A got dropped off and we went to the fair for a little while.  We got bracelets for the girls so they could go on unlimited rides, they had a blast.  Home and bed for the girls.

• Friday E was with her dad as a makeup day for a missed Wednesday visit. So I ran errands, did bulk and grocery shopping and got home and put everything away and crashed.

Saturday morning I got E back and took her to a playdate with a friend from school that couldn't come to her party. Afterwards she had an unsuccessful nap attempt (I went in to find her standing on her bed whispering...because I had told her no talking!). Then we drove into the city to meet my gf at a friend's house for dinner. The weather turned out better than forecasted, so we bbq'd copper river salmon (mmmmm) and ate outside. It was not that warm, but we were determined!

Sunday E and I came back to the city to meet up with above friends for breakfast and then took a short water taxi ride to downtown. We went to the art museum and saw the Nick.Cave exhibit. It was fun and E really enjoyed the museum, she was fascinated by the art. Then we took the water taxi back and our friends went home to get the little boy down for a nap. E, my gf and I drove to a nearby beach for a late lunch and a walk on the beach. It was overcast and not that warm, but E took her shoes off and dipped her toes in the freezing water! Then home for bath and bed.

Yesterday I dropped E off to visit with her paternal grandparents. I spent the day doing chores at home and picked her up in the evening and got ready for another week.

• we didn't really do anything on Friday.

Saturday we went to the store and got a little pool for the backyard and ran a couple of other errands. when we got home he took a nap and we packed stuff up for a cookout we were going to. as soon as he woke we headed out and he had a blast running around with the other kids there, but goodness was I exhausted. we left there and went to our other friends' house, one of them just got her black belt so they were having a little celebration party. that was nice, we saw some of our friends that we haven't seen in a while.

I don't think we really did anything Sunday morning, but we got the rest of the laminate down in the basement while the boy took his afternoon nap except for the last row, which we'll need to do a lot of cutting on. we played in the pool for a while in the evening.

yesterday we bought a table saw so we could finish the basement more easily and so we have one for future projects. we put it together while he was napping, and then when he got up we went on a grocery run (we were out of bananas and that is a travesty in our house). after we got home I spent some time in the pool with the boy while my wife went for a ride on her motorcycle to drop something off at a friend's house. she came home and we played in the living room (or, they did and I fell asleep on the couch). that's about it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"