May 2011 Moms

What did you do during early labor?

I've been up most of the night with cramping and backache. Finally got up and took a shower around 5 because I was so uncomfortable. When I got out and peed, there was bloody discharge on the toilet paper. Really hoping this means labor is imminent but I can't figure out what the best thing to do at this point is - rest or keep active. Will it make a difference as far as keeping things progressing? What did you do once you started to experience these symptoms? How long until you actually went into labor?

TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What did you do during early labor?

• I read that u should rest. I wish i had experience!!! Looks Like im having a dang June baby for sure. :-(

DS  Desmond Alexander 6.9.11

DD  Vivienne Elena   12.16.13

? EDD 3/29/2018

• imagesugarangel77:
    I read that u should rest. I wish i had experience!!! Looks Like im having a dang June baby for sure. :-(

Aw sugar, I'm right there with you :)

Doing light activity is probably a good idea. It will either keep things going or stop them if its false labor. Either way, it'll keep your mind occupied. Good luck. 

DS 6.12.11

Hypermenorrhea, Anovulatory & Hypothyroid

TTC#2

My Lack of Ovulation Chart
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine started during the day and I was only sure it was labor for about 4 hours before I went to the hospital.  I continued to do my normal Sunday "chores" (laundry, cleaning up the house, etc).  When I did try and relax and watch some TV with DH it got annoying because for me, early labor was easier to deal with while up and walking /moving.  That said, I was really tired by the time baby arrived at 1:38am, so if you can try and relax. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I continued to do my normal daily stuff -- took my daughter to the park, cooked dinner, etc. If I were you, I'd bake some cupcakes. :) Something easy that will keep your mind off things. You can bring them to the nurses later. GL!
  • i stayed upright as much as i could...mostly watched tv while swaying back and forth, or walking around the living room lol At my childbirth class, they also suggested sitting on a backwards chair (to open the pelvis).  I did this for 2 hours before i went to the hospital, i really think it was beneficial!

GOOD LUCK MAMA!!!

**Kelly***

image image
    Visit The Nest!

• Once contractions hit for me they were really close together (bouncing around within 5 minutes of each other) but they weren't very long or intense for a few hours. I paced a lot at home to keep the nerves at bay, picked up the house, turned on a movie I'd seen a thousand times. Once the contractions started getting more intense, I bounced on an exercise ball and tried to watch the movie. Like a pp said, I handled contractions a lot better when I was up and moving. Take everything easy, though (if you can nap, nap), so you're not exhausted later during delivery.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP #1: 9-20-2010 EDD: 5-25-2011 DD #1 born: 5-23-2011
    BFP #2: 6-14-2012 EDD: 2-15-2013 MC: 6-19-2012 5w5d
    BFP #3: 7-18-2012 EDD: 3-26-2012

• I have felt like that for 2 weeks and I still don't have an outside baby. I am lucky to get any sleep at night because I am so uncomfortable. Just trying to rest as much as possible is my best advice. I hope something happens soon!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Rest!!! I ended up being in "hard" labor for over 24 hours where I couldn't sleep. By the time my huge baby was ready to come out I was exhausted. Rest all you can.
  • I had mild cramps from 11 am - 5 pm. Around then I had some show, and things picked up around 8 or 9 pm.

I went to church in early labour. Not sure if that was wise or not, but it worked out fine. In earlier labour, I went garage saleing.

Oh, and ate. Ate and ate anything that sounded good.

• I slept for the first 8 hours, then for the next four I ate and finished packing for the hospital.  I ended up going to the doctor at exactly 12 hours into it and they checked me into the hospital.  I'm so glad I rested and ate!
  • So this probably sounds lame, but I didn't realize that I was in early labor until I looked back after I had already had the baby.   I just thought I was a little crampy.

Anyway, my mom was in town and we went out and did a bunch of stuff and I ended up be REALLY tired when I was going in active labor at 9:30 that night!

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • I walked and walked and walked and finally started getting steady contractions.  At that point, I laid down and rested as much as I could before the big show started.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"