Pregnant after a Loss

Ouch! RLP...

I've had minor RLP on and off since around week 12, and have been really good at changing positions slowly. Well tonight at work, I jumped up from a sitting position to get to my patient and my left groin area got a sharp pain. It was almost like muscle cramps in my calf I get when I stretch in bed. It only lasted a few seconds, so I chalked it up to RLP. Anyone have it that painful when they change positions quickly?

Also, does anyone get RLP in the middle of their lower abdomen? I always assumed it would be on the sides, but every now and then when I stand up, I get it really quick, where I would think my uterus is.

Re: Ouch! RLP...

• MrsAtchMrsAtch member

I've had a lot of it since about week 12 too. For me the biggest things that have helped are exercise (moderate, but enough to get your body moving) and staying really hydrated. Hope it gets better.

P.S. It feels weird to say since week 12- because it doesn't seem that long ago to me- but here I am 5 weeks later! 

After two losses, a rainbow arrived! DD born 11.5.11
    Dx with severe Asherman's syndrome after a botched PP D&C (pursuing med mal)
    Hysteroscopy Oct '13, not enough progress 
    Hysteroscopy Jan '14, given an end-of-the-road diagnosis
    Joined International Asherman's Association April '14 
    Not ready to give up yet.
    Hysteroscopy with Dr. Isaacson (an expert in the USA) 6.2.14: Good prognosis, at least 50% of cavity open.
    Repeat hysteroscopy scheduled with Dr. I on 6.16.14. Great progress. Unbenched!!!!
    Discussing actively TTC with DH after the heartache of the last year. We're both reeling.

Please, please, please. 
  • imageMrsAtch:

I've had a lot of it since about week 12 too. For me the biggest things that have helped are exercise (moderate, but enough to get your body moving) and staying really hydrated. Hope it gets better.

P.S. It feels weird to say since week 12- because it doesn't seem that long ago to me- but here I am 5 weeks later! 

I didn't think anyone else was up at this hour! Unless you are on the east coast or something...Smile

I agree on the staying hydrated part. Even though I can be bad at not drinking enough water, when I do remember to drink a lot of it, I notice I feel a lot better. I haven't done any exercise since I have a SCH and am afraid to do anything to make it worse. The most exercise I get is walking the dogs!

• Loading the player...
  • MrsAtchMrsAtch member
    Yup, I'm a Maine girl, and at work at 6 am so early works for me. Definitely stay hydrated if you can. A lot of people drink a lot of water and then eat too much salt or drink soda/coffee etc that dehydrates them. My RLP is pretty bad this afternoon, and I just keep hoping that it will ease up for a little while. Hopefully we can both feel our LO's soon!
    After two losses, a rainbow arrived! DD born 11.5.11
    Dx with severe Asherman's syndrome after a botched PP D&C (pursuing med mal)
    Hysteroscopy Oct '13, not enough progress 
    Hysteroscopy Jan '14, given an end-of-the-road diagnosis
    Joined International Asherman's Association April '14 
    Not ready to give up yet.
    Hysteroscopy with Dr. Isaacson (an expert in the USA) 6.2.14: Good prognosis, at least 50% of cavity open.
    Repeat hysteroscopy scheduled with Dr. I on 6.16.14. Great progress. Unbenched!!!!
    Discussing actively TTC with DH after the heartache of the last year. We're both reeling.

Please, please, please. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"