Military Families
Options

Keesler AFB and Eye doctors

Hi there,

I was just wondering if anyone knew this off the top of their heads, if not, I'm going to call my PCM tomorrow anyway, but here's my question:  I need new glasses and contacts, so do I need a referral from my PCM to go to the eye doctor at Keesler?  TIA. 

image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker PitaPata Cat tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: Keesler AFB and Eye doctors

• Options
    Yes. You can call and leave a message with your dr's nurse. They will probably write you a referral without you having to actually see the doctor. I believe I was referred to Belk's eye clinic or belkis (I can't remember!). Tricare pays for the exam but not the contact fitting fee or contacts. I think they only cover the lenses for your glasses and not the frames but don't qoute me on it. Oh and it was cheaper to get my contacts on base at the opitcal center rather than at the eye clinc. HTH
    30 Rock Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    IlumineIlumine member
    You DO NOT NEED A REFERRAL for you YEARLY eye visit. All you need to do is see a civilian provider who is part of the network...most Walmarts are in the network. However, you only get one a yearly cycle (if you went in June, you cannot go again until after that date the next June)AND THEY DO NOT COVER CONTACT LENS VISITS except for medical lens for glaucoma and the like...there are occasional exceptions, like living overseas.
    file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageIlumine:
    You DO NOT NEED A REFERRAL for you YEARLY eye visit. All you need to do is see a civilian provider who is part of the network...most Walmarts are in the network. However, you only get one a yearly cycle (if you went in June, you cannot go again until after that date the next June)AND THEY DO NOT COVER CONTACT LENS VISITS except for medical lens for glaucoma and the like...there are occasional exceptions, like living overseas.
    Well then I guess my doctor had no idea! He said he writes them all the time!
    30 Rock Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    IlumineIlumine member
    Here is the link to the TRICARE WEBSITE that covers annual eye care visits, to include not needing a referral. https://www.tricare.mil/mybenefit/home/Vision/EyeExams?status=Active+Duty+Family+Member&country=United+States&zipCode=22015&plan=TRICARE+Prime (cannot make it clicky with the iPad)
    file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"