1st Trimester

Gel Nails during pregnancy?

does anybody know if it is safe to wear gel nails while pregnant? I have read mixed review online and am looking for some advice.

Re: Gel Nails during pregnancy?

• Eeekk never thought of that...I have them on now, got the don awhile ago though. Hope someone replies soon cause I'm about to tear mine off lol

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP#1-02/21/11 Missed M/C Twins-03/25/11 EDD-11/04/11
    BFP#2-10dpo- 05/27/11 EDD 02/03/12
    Our miracle Aidan James born 01/25/12!!
  • Most salon's in our area won't do your nails if they know your pregnant. The dust for the nails can cause harm to the fetus. My dr always said not during 1st tri... but I could never find a salon that would do them when I was showing.  After someone finally explained it to me I was fine with that!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Are they safe if they are already on? I had mine done a long time ago, just been filing the crease to make the smooth looking?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP#1-02/21/11 Missed M/C Twins-03/25/11 EDD-11/04/11
    BFP#2-10dpo- 05/27/11 EDD 02/03/12
    Our miracle Aidan James born 01/25/12!!
  • It think it is probably safe if they are already on, because theyre dry. I stopped getting mine done when I got preg with DS cause I was afraid of breathing the chemicals in the air, and in the wet gel.

7 Angels in Heaven, 1 In My Arms

12/24/07 D&C (12 weeks)
    2/08 MC (5 weeks)
    5/08 PA (7 weeks)
    9/08 VTS (6 weeks)
    7/09 MC (5 weeks)
    8/10 MC (UKN)
    6/7/11 CP (UKN)

*CM PIP Girl* image
  • Licensed nail technitian here...Hello!

Both gel and acrylic nails are safe during pregnancy as long as they're being done in a well-ventilated salon that strictly adheres to safety and sterilization procedures.

In general, gel is better for your nails than acrylic, and gel doesn't give off the same fumes that acrylic does.

You can always wear a mask if you're concerned about inhaling dust particles, but really it's a non-issue.

Nail polish is safe as well, as long as you don't bite your nails.  Ingesting nail polish or gel or acrylic nails is dangerous for you and baby.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"