its so wierd — The Bump
Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

its so wierd

I feel so wierd. I miscarried this past wk, naturally (or at least they said). I went in with a ton of cramping, and they did an ultrasound. It looked like twins they said, but for whatever reason it just wasnt meant to be.

The weird part for me is that I dont really feel too upset. Im a little sad that this happened, but I also feel like maybe it was meant to be bc I have a fairly new LO. I wasnt too far along so. And this has been the 2nd m/c.

But is it wrong for me to just not really feel? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker m/c#1: 12-22-09 m/c#2: 5-22-11

Re: its so wierd

• I'm so sorry for your loss.  I know where you're coming from in wondering whether *not* feeling upset means there's something wrong with you.  Let me tell you, it's perfectly okay.  I was 11.5 weeks along when I miscarried and I was upset at first, but I moved on fairly quickly.  I wondered, too, if maybe there was something wrong with me in that I wasn't completely devastated by the loss.  Don't be surprised, though, if suddenly you do start feeling sad and/or angry, even for a short time.  As long as you allow yourself to feel whatever it is you're feeling, and not suppressing anything, you'll be just fine.
  • EM0704EM0704 member
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Everyone deals with the things differently. It wouldn't be fair for me to say "YES! You're crazy for not hurting!"  You have a LO to keep you occupied! I'm glad you are handling it so well!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards