June 2011 Moms
Options

no nesting instinct

I am reading all the posts of people with extreme nesting instincts and I am not even remotely inclined to clean my entire house unnecessarily.  It's been too hot and I have had such a lack of energy after work that I haven't even felt like doing the few necessary things that I need to do. I also do not want to do it all by myself so I need my husband to help. Anyone else in the same boat?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image

Re: no nesting instinct

• Options
    I haven't had any extreme urges to clean my entire house from top to bottom yet. I did decide to hire a company to come do a deep cleaning next week because I got a great coupon through the Groupon website recently. I get tired pretty easily now and DH helps me out a lot but I just haven't had the motivation to clean the whole house at once time, so I'm really looking forward to the cleaning crew coming!
    BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • Options
    I'm sitting here on the nest with a growing list of stuff to do and I don't really want to get out of my chair let alone clean something.
    Anniversary
    *photo removed*
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

no cleaning instinct here either.... I am , however, getting a little anxious with all the clutter... but we still have time (I hope!)

I thought that nesting thing was like a few days before labor ? must be different from person to person.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I nest off and on throughout. I nested 2 months ago, a month ago, and 2 weeks ago. I am waiting for that last burst lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

DH said I did have the nesting instinct especially last week but it felt normal to me. It was when I decided to reorganize our pantry and categorize stuff in there, like canned veggies separate from canned fruits, baking stuff, vs all things pasta, etc. I just figured when people come to help when LO is here then it will be easier for them to find stuff. I also labeled and organized the LO's room for 2 days. I labeled each drawers and compartments and what they contain. I'm not sure to call that nesting or something I really had to do to prepare for the baby. Or is that what essentially nesting is?

Other than that, I keep the house tidy but nothing is sparkling clean. I had that one urge to clean scrub the kitchen clean early this 3rd trimester but that's because I thought the counters needed the scrubbing. 

• Options
    Baby4OTBaby4OT member

I WANT to nest and get stuff cleaned and organized, but I'm too tired and in pain too much to do a lot of what I want to do. I have done some nesting type things though.

I didn't have a nesting instinct at all with my first two pregnancies. You aren't alone!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm due in 4 days and haven't experienced any nesting instincts whatsoever.  Everything is done but that's because it has to be done and because I have a husband who does all the cleaning...it has nothing to do with me having an overwhelming urge to scrub and organize!

It's not something everyone has so don't worry....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"