Preemies

my son in crawling age

my son is 8 months and 5 days and hes adjusted age is 6 months and he jus rolls alot and he scoots if hes toy is in front of him but he always jumps out my lap like he wants to walk so im wondering if he would skip the crawling and go str8 to walkin but u have to crawl before u walk so im wondering would he ever crawl!!!!!!!!!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: my son in crawling age

• imagenasirmommy85:
    my son is 8 months and 5 days and hes adjusted age is 6 months and he jus rolls alot and he scoots if hes toy is in front of him but he always jumps out my lap like he wants to walk so im wondering if he would skip the crawling and go str8 to walkin but u have to crawl before u walk so im wondering would he ever crawl!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, babies do not have to crawl before they walk (though a good majority do).  It isn't a required developmental milestone.  Also, there are lots of ways babies crawl.  Depending on the way he is scooting, it might be considered crawling.  I watched a documentary on netflix about it.  It was very interesting.  

Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• my son was the same way. Always acted like he wanted to walk first. however, at 8 months actual he was army crawling, then 2 weeks later full out crawling. He will be 1 yr on the 3rd, and walks furniture, and still 'thinks' and acts like he can just walk, but it is still a work in progress. 

and yes..like pp said, some babies do skip crawling, or do it for a short time. My one nephew crawled for 2 weeks, and then started to walk at 1 yr.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image noah joined us 10 weeks early.
  • Loading the player...
  • lemen99lemen99 member
    It's hard to say.  I would just encourage tummy time to build his muscles!
  • imagelemen99:
    It's hard to say.  I would just encourage tummy time to build his muscles!

I would also. My baby is almost 9 months (7 months adjusted) and he is scooting but not crawling yet. Maybe yours will just skip it all together!

imageimageimageimage
  • Cara03Cara03 member
    My LO was super into standing and walking also and wanted nothing to do with crawling. His therapists thought his reflux made tummy time and the crawling position very uncomfortable for him. He ended up walking independently and learning to crawl right at the same time, about 13 months adjusted.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"