Preemies

A little update on Rylen.

He's still in the NICU, but is doing well.
He is being given breast milk via bottle and they up his feeds every 6hours.
At his 3am feeding he was up to 21mL and was taking it like a champ and they up'd it to 23mL at 9am! He loves to eat! When he was born, he weighed 6lbs 2oz and yesterday when I asked how much he weighed, he was 5lbs 11oz, which they said was a good thing because he had gained .3oz the first day due to retaining fluid. His oxygen was lowered from 2 to 1 yesterday and he is doing very well with it. They're weaning him off it slowly. His breathing has slowed down significantly and they're very happy with it. He was under bili lights, but decided to show his butt and was throwing his arms and kicking his legs so they put him on a bili light pad and swaddled him up. We'll find out today if the pad has any effect on him. Day before yesterday, we were able to hold him but only for about 20minutes due to him needing the bili lights. Yesterday I held him for 3.5hrs and got to feed him for the first time. His bowel movements are going wonderfully. DH finally held him yesterday and he looked so proud.

Rylen is getting stronger and stronger and I couldn't be happier. Everyone asks us how long he'll be in there and get kind of angry when we say "When he's ready." I can't wait to have him home, but I want him to be as healthy as he can be before discharge is discussed.

Today I would be 35 weeks pregnant, yet our little boy is already here and is 6days old. I can't believe he is almost a week old already! I pray daily that he continues to improve and gets stronger and stronger.

Here's a picture of Mr. Rylen from Saturday :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: A little update on Rylen.

• It sounds like he is doing great.  I'm glad he is handling is O2 being lowered well.  He'll be home in no time.  Thank heavens for the bili lights.  Gabe was under them for 3 days and his bili dropped super fast.  I'm sure Rylen is going to respond great to them. 
    Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• lemen99lemen99 member
    I'm glad he's doing well and hopefully he's home soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"