3rd Trimester
Options

What time do you cut yourself off?

I've gotten to the point where I am waking up 5-6 times per night to pee - how is it possible to pee this much? I am carrying very high, no dropping yet, so no added bladder pressure yet. I must be drinking too many fluids at night. Is there a time of night you cut yourself off for this reason?
BFP 7/31/10 m/c 8/16/10
BFP 10/25/10 Brynn Helen born 7/7/11
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: What time do you cut yourself off?

• Options

I dont feel like im drinking too much at night...

the thing is , I get up several times a night like you...but I only pee a little bit. But it feels like its going to be alot. lol... thats frustrating.

I hope there is something to be done about it. It hurts getting in and out of bed.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I don't think the problem is too much fluids - it's being 35 weeks pregnant.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Honestly, reducing your fluid intake actually just makes things more frustrating. You'll still wake up the same amount of times, you'll just pee less each time.

It's a no win situation at this point so don't even bother trying to win ;) 

DS 6.12.11

Hypermenorrhea, Anovulatory & Hypothyroid

TTC#2

My Lack of Ovulation Chart
  • Options

I was told that also if you hold a lot of water (swollen). When you lay down at night most of the water retention is what makes you go to the bathroom. So no matter what you are probably going to be getting up 5 times a night no matter. For some reason I get more thirsty at night and drink more. I think I'm just used to getting up that much now that I don't let it bother me.

• Options

As with previous PP I don't think this has anything to do with fluid intake. You may think that you are not having any added bladder pressure but you probably are. Also, it just comes with the final trimester. By the time you are done you will be might be getting up more than you are now. I have to say sometimes I just want to put a pillow in the bathtub and save myself the 2 second walk from bed to bathroom! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageJessynlove:

the thing is , I get up several times a night like you...but I only pee a little bit. But it feels like its going to be alot. lol... thats frustrating.

I hope there is something to be done about it. It hurts getting in and out of bed.

I was told (and then read it in a book a few days later), that the less you drink, the more concentrated your pee becomes, and the more you feel like peeing...only it's a few concentrated drops only.  At night I was peeing, brushing teeth, getting into bed, turning off light, immediately getting up...and like 3 drops!  I have started drinking more water in the evenings (and only water) and find I am getting up less, and having "quality" Wink pees when I DO get up.  Sounded counter-intuative at first, but I have had a better night's sleep for the last 3 weeks or so.  And there is something sadly satisfying about getting up to have a big pee, vs. "that's it?" and the urge not being satisfied.

~ M/C April 28/10 @ 10w2d ~ ~ M/C Sept. 14/10 @ 5w ~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagemaddiemoon43:
    imageJessynlove:

I was told (and then read it in a book a few days later), that the less you drink, the more concentrated your pee becomes, and the more you feel like peeing...only it's a few concentrated drops only.  At night I was peeing, brushing teeth, getting into bed, turning off light, immediately getting up...and like 3 drops!  I have started drinking more water in the evenings (and only water) and find I am getting up less, and having "quality" Wink pees when I DO get up.  Sounded counter-intuative at first, but I have had a better night's sleep for the last 3 weeks or so.  And there is something sadly satisfying about getting up to have a big pee, vs. "that's it?" and the urge not being satisfied.

Quality pees. Have to say that is too cute!  

• Options
    I had that problem during the first trimester, only my son sits very low and has the whole time:-/ I try to get in all of my water before 8 pm... And then i just take a sip if i get thirsty. It seems to cut my BR trips down to 1 maybe 2 per night.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    For me, I definitely get up more if I drink much past 9 pm (go to bed around 11). I actually get much better sleep if I stay hydrated all day but then cut myself off 1-2 hours before bed. I even counted the amount of times I got up before and after, and it made a difference. For me. I make sure to get 64+ ounces in before that, though. Good luck!
  • Options
    nope, drink when i'm thirsty.
  • Options

image+diana82+:
    I don't think the problem is too much fluids - it's being 35 weeks pregnant.

this  

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic

image image
  • Options

I was JUST thinking about this recently too and wondered if anyone else got up as much as me. I had decided even before I read this post that I was tired of getting up 5 or 6 times a night to pee MAYBE a few tablespoons of liquid.

I feel the BH contractions more at night (stomach seems to get super tight at night) and it is harder to physically get up as well. On top of that, my dear little sweet kitty likes to sleep on my body pillow with me which she ends up a little bit laying on the side of my belly too which pushes down more!

I thought about just not getting up so often either but it's pointless. Regardless of how much or little water I drink, I will wake up every 2 hours without fail to turn or pee. Oh well. Such is life for a bit longer!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers JAN09-Oct09: TTC Naturally. OCT09: HSG- Normal NOV09: Round 1 Clomid 50mg CD5-9= BFN DEC09: Round 2 Clomid 100mg CD5-9= BFN JAN10: Round 3 Clomid 100mg CD3-7= BFN FEB10: Round 4 Clomid 150mg CD5-9= BFN SA= 120 million, 54% Motility, 7% Morphology. JUN10: Round 5 Clomid, IUI, unsuccessful. JUL10: DONE & FED UP. OCT10: Started Integrative Reiki Energy Therapy. NOV 05, 2010: BFP! SEPT 20, 2012: BFP! More Reiki and Baby Z #2 is on his way! Due May 29, 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"