Pregnant after 35

it's tooooo hot

I can not believe what a complete and total wimp I am being about the heat. It's been in the 80's-90's the past few days and I am exhausted from the heat. i am drinking tons and still feel short of breath, am all swollen and tired. Small outings have me wiped out. I've never been this pregnant in the summer before, I've always been in the first trimester in summer so I just felt bad anyway lol

We have a/c's but I have things to do in the yard and out of the house and am mad because I feel like such a whining baby about it but I feel like my insides are cooking> I also feel like no one understands around here, they've been sympathetic but I think they don't understand anyway and i might just be mad that they can handle it and I  am ruining all the fun!

End of my whining lol thanks for listening

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: it's tooooo hot

• ceelee4ceelee4 member

I understand!!  I am almost 20 weeks pregnant.  I teach in a non-air conditioned classroom - third floor, sunny side, brick building.  Last Friday it was over 85 in there.  I wore as little as possible, drank a ton of water, had 4 fans going and was HOT!  I am DREADING this week.  My ankles seem to swell when I think about heat. 

I don't think you're a "whining baby."  I think we just don't tolerate heat anymore.  And it's the first real heat wave (in my area) so we didn't have the chance to adjust.

Hang in there and know you are not alone!

• OMG, I can't agree with you more!  I was playing golf most of the spring, but when the heat hit I wilted.  Huffing and puffing for all I was worth.  I'm trying to take it one day at a time, but this summer is going to be a challenge.  Hang in there!
    BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Agree!  It's 91 in Atlanta today...UGH!!
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • i am right there with you!  took my kids to an OUTDOOR birthday party today and thought i was going to die.  it is 90 & hot as blazes.  i was so hot it was making me emotional...my hubby asked what was wrong & i started crying!  stupid hormones.

and this is only the BEGINNING of the summer...oy! 

• thanks ladies for listening and understanding :) It's gonna be a LONG summer. I definitely dislike the people who ask when I am due and then tell me how bad summer is going to be... thanks for the help people, I had NO idea :)
  • Lol im looking forward to the temperature getting back to the 90's. I love nothing more than waking up in the heat and wanting to get outside into it.  It will be the beginning of Summer here (Australia) when i give birth.Its winter here now and Im freezing with the temp during the day around 60-70.

Im sorry you're all uncomfortable though. And Im sorry if my comments offend ;)

Happy to swap continents if you need a break :D

• imagePunter2009:

Lol im looking forward to the temperature getting back to the 90's. I love nothing more than waking up in the heat and wanting to get outside into it.  It will be the beginning of Summer here (Australia) when i give birth.Its winter here now and Im freezing with the temp during the day around 60-70.

Im sorry you're all uncomfortable though. And Im sorry if my comments offend ;)

Happy to swap continents if you need a break :D

I am wearing a sleeveless shirt in my air conditioned office today LOL

I'd switch continents :) 

Is the air there very humid?

• its 96 in Charlotte NC, i wont even go outside. and have 3 more months of this  ;(
  • I'm so jealous!!  We had a car show yesterday - it was freezing - like probably 45-50 degrees out?!  I got a sunburn on my hands and face from standing outside all day but in a jacket and jeans!  I was so freakin' cold!!  I can't wait for summer (and will likely regret saying that!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"