Nurseries and Baby Gear

Registry question

Does anyone think it's weird to register for some of the furniture that we want in the nursery? We bought the crib and dresser/changing table ourselves, but there are 3 other shelves that we want ranging from 49.99 up to 129.99 that we currently have on our registry. I didn't know if it was wrong to sort of "ask" people to buy those by putting them on there or not. What do you think?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Registry question

• amdrazaamdraza member

I think it is fine. Just because you put it on your registry doesn't mean people will buy it (I have found that people aren't as excited about getting the practical things- they like to buy babyish stuff), but it is at least an option. If they don't buy them you can always use your completion discount to get it.

I put a simple human stainless trash can, and a closetmaid cube system on my registry. No one has bought either (so far), but at least it's there for me when/if I end up purchasing it.

DS#1- Born August 2011 

BabyFruit Ticker

• I think it's fine to put nursery decor items on your registry.  If no one buys them at least you can use your completion coupon to get a discount.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart

• Loading the player...
  • I used my registry as a list of things i'd buy for the baby if no one else did. Most people would rather buy baby clothes or cutesy things of that sort but you'll be surprised who actually buys from your registry. Family members and close friends are still capable of picking something practical. There's also your registry completion coupon at the end!
  • I think it's fine too. It might be a lot to ask of one person to spend $130...but people have been known to go together and get gifts. At least that's what usually happens in our family.

I too plan on making a huge registry of everything we wish to have. I'll probably go along and purchase stuff as the time gets near. If someone else buys it first...fantastic. Otherwise it's a good guide to remember what is left that is needed/wanted. And in the end there's usually discounts to buy whatever is left on the registry.

I don't think $130 furniture item is ridiculous. I do however think it's tacky when engaged couples register for a $600 Dyson vaccuum...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"