Preemies

damabo

I just read your blog entry.  Corrine is looking bigger for sure!  I totally see it in her face and arms. 

Gabe hates the pacifier too.  He sometimes takes it, but often he gives a SUPER dirty look or gags on it.  The nurses keep trying though because they want him to practice sucking.  The only time he'll really take it is if they put some of my milk on it and then give it to him.  Which tells me, he'll be fine with the bottle or boob and just hates pacifiers (I hated them as a baby too).

Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: damabo

• kck329kck329 member

::butting into your conversation::

If you want him to practice sucking, try a different brand of pacifier. They will probably let you bring in something other than the soothies to see if he likes those better. Cora will only take the soothies and only if she's really mad but some babies don't like them. But if you aren't worried about it, it may just be one more thing to do so don't feel like its a "must" by any means. 

• imagekck329:

::butting into your conversation::

If you want him to practice sucking, try a different brand of pacifier. They will probably let you bring in something other than the soothies to see if he likes those better. Cora will only take the soothies and only if she's really mad but some babies don't like them. But if you aren't worried about it, it may just be one more thing to do so don't feel like its a "must" by any means. 

They've tried 2 different kinds with Gabe.  He is okay with them *sometimes*, but not always.  

Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Loading the player...
  • @Katie: I love hearing that other people can see the weight gain too Smile

I wonder if she'll start to like the paci later on, or even if it's needed? Does she need to suck on the paci before she can suck on the breast?

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"