2nd Trimester

How to pick my baby's birthday...

I feel so strange about this. First, nothing about my pregnancy or the previous was "normal" we had to take extensive measures to get pregnant. With DS I was thrilled that my placenta previa moved so I could at least have a "normal" delivery but then had to have a cesarean after a ton of labor. I have to have another c/s and thought I could try for a vag. birth but I will go with what the Dr. says. So now, on Thursday, I have to pick the date my baby will be born.

My due date is August 25. I will have to pick out of the week before. Although DS was born at 39 weeks...she still wants to do the c/s during the 39th. Not before. DS was born on April 1. I love that it happened that way and it was the only thing that wasn't dictated by science... (although I LOVE science) so how the heck do I pick a birthate for baby #2? Uhhhhh, Tuesday sounds good I guess...it is just weird! Don't know if anyone else is having that feeling too.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How to pick my baby's birthday...

• Consult an astrologist?
    July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

• i hear you!!  at my Dr appt this week we discussed possible dates--my OB said she is looking at Oct.10 because it is 1 week before my due date.  DD is Dec.10, so i don't know if it is silly to have them both be the 10th even though it is in a different month or if i am just over thinking it. 

it is weird to think about choosing the date.

photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • Loading the player...
  • OK... maybe the astrologist comment was a joke but I looked up the zodiac signs and now I feel worse. The dates are very close to the end of Leo and the true due date is Virgo so now that feels funny to me too. Silly, I know!

Jonnygurl-- I like both birthdays on the 10th idea!

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Haha... it was kind of a joke but kind of serious too... if you have any interest in that kind of stuff, it could be really interesting, depending on not only the sun sign, but possible moon sign and ascendent.  *shrug* 
    July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

• I am picking this time as well, I had a choice between 9/6-9th. I chose the 8th because my IL's anniversary is the 6th and mine is the 7th, I wanted him to have his own birthday. If none of that was a factor, I would have picked a Thursday or Friday, because this way DH would take off 2 extra days, then be at home with us a full 2 weeks instead of being with us in the hospital part of his 2 weeks off. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Monday's child is fair of face,Tuesday's child is full of grace,Wednesday's child is full of woe,Thursday's child has far to go,Friday's child is loving and giving,Saturday's child works hard for a living,But the child who is born on the Sabbath DayIs bonny and blithe and good and gay.[1]
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejonnygurl76:

i hear you!!  at my Dr appt this week we discussed possible dates--my OB said she is looking at Oct.10 because it is 1 week before my due date.  DD is Dec.10, so i don't know if it is silly to have them both be the 10th even though it is in a different month or if i am just over thinking it. 

it is weird to think about choosing the date.

I also vote for October 10th because it will be my 1 year wedding anniversary. :)

However, if it's 1 week before your EDD than that would be October 17th which is my birthday, so either day rocks. LOL

Wyatt 9/6/2011 
    Tessa 7/5/2013
    Baby #3- ????? (ttc soon)

• We picked all our boys birthdays.. well kind of... Our first son we chose Friday the 13th (just because it was cool) our second son we chose Monday the 12th but scheduling problems pushed us to Thursday the 15th and with our youngest son we chose Monday the 22nd but again scheduling problems pushed us to Wednesday the 24th. This time around, barring scheduling problems we are hoping for Friday the 2nd. I like Friday c-sections best! Like one of the PP said it is easier for DH to have Friday off, then the regular weekend rather than taking off Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, etc. It allows my DH to be with us longer! He takes some vacation time when the baby is born and it is very nice to have him at home with me and the kids! Otherwise most of his vacation is spent in the hospital and when we get home I am pretty much on my own from the get go.
  • Our dilemma is that 39 weeks for me will be Oct.6th which is my dad's birthday. I think that is fine, and would be nice for my dad who has never been big on birthdays ( he had a rough childhood). My hubby doesn't think that is fair to my daughter to have to share her day. It will be up to my OB anyway and the way things are going with my BP I will be lucky to get to 39 weeks.
  • imagelmjt:
    I am picking this time as well, I had a choice between 9/6-9th. I chose the 8th because my IL's anniversary is the 6th and mine is the 7th, I wanted him to have his own birthday. If none of that was a factor, I would have picked a Thursday or Friday, because this way DH would take off 2 extra days, then be at home with us a full 2 weeks instead of being with us in the hospital part of his 2 weeks off. 

He will share a birthday with me. :)

• My friend is choosing to do her c-section on the Tuesday before her due date, bc then her husband can sleep at the hospital w/her and then go to work all week while she's in the hospital (not take extra days off) then she'll go home on a Saturday, and have a couple of extra days off with him. 

I'm choosing mine the Friday before my due date b/c my sister will be taking care of DD for us, and I want her to have some help.  Her DH will be able to take one day off, and then they'll have her on the weekend when they're both home.  Also the Friday before is 11/11/11, so that doesn't hurt either.  But the official story I'm going with is that its for childcare for DD :)

Big A 06-07-08 Little A 11-11-11
  • My c/s will be at exactly 39 weeks. We are choosing to do it on a Wednesday so I can be home by the weekend. My mother is in poor health and we don't have a lot of help so we will be relying on a friend to help care for DD through the day while I am in the hospital. The friend that is helping us is at home through the week but waits tables on weekends and I don't want her to have to take any time off work. My recovery from my last c/s went very well and I was discharged 2 days after the surgery. My Dr said I can expect to be discharged in the same time frame this time (as long as there are no complications, of corse).
  • DD was born on April 18, via c/s,if everything works out, I will have this baby on October 18. Then my kiddos will be exactly 3 1/2 years apart.
    photo 2d6f681a-40e8-42e5-a771-5a26c7ad29fe_zpsdce5d654.jpg Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • In my state, the birth date cut off for school years (you know, to decide when the child enters kindergarten) is September 1st. So children born from September 1, 2010 - August 31st, 2011 will all be in the same class, while Sept 1 2011-Aug 31st, 2012 will be in the next class.

Personally, I hope my LO is late(my EDD is August 30) so that she has a whole extra year to mature and develop b-4 school starts. Hopefully this will help her be ahead of the game instead of playing catch-up, you know? I know, I am probably over thinking it anyways, lol.

• imageTwoStrong:

OK... maybe the astrologist comment was a joke but I looked up the zodiac signs and now I feel worse. The dates are very close to the end of Leo and the true due date is Virgo so now that feels funny to me too. Silly, I know!

Jonnygurl-- I like both birthdays on the 10th idea!

You'd rather have a Virgo. 

Trust me. 

• When I was pg with DD, for whatever reason, my MIL was being a Biotch.  She would'nt let me have the date that I wanted and would only tell my DH that that day wasn't "good" for her.

This time, it's going to be ALLLLLLL about me!  I don't care if I have to say that that's the only day the Dr. can do it, I'm getting the date I want!  DD's b'day is the 21st, I'm hoping this LO will be the 22nd.  Plus, I don't want both of my children to be born on Fridays just because it's convenient for my DH to start his furlough.  (I mean come on, your getting 8 weeks off anyway right???)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"