Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

8 Week Blighted Ovum

We found out this past Wednesday = blighted ovum. D&C is scheduled for this coming Wednesday - I am TERRIFIED TO SAY THE LEAST. I've never been put under for a procedure and it makes me sick just thinking about it.

I am numb and not knowing how to feel. With this being our second loss, I can only just think that there is something really wrong with me. I've read through information about BO and it says that most of them are caused by chrom. abnormalities and such, but there is that instinct that kicks in that I'm sure some of you have felt, you just feel like you have to do something since you feel so helpless. I want to get to the bottom of it; I want to know why this has happened again - "just a fluke" is not good enough for me. "You will most likely go on to have a healthy pregnancy" is not good enough for me. I need to know why and I need to take action to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Has anyone done any further research about blighted ovum? Could poor egg quality be a real culprit? How can you possibly improve the quality of your eggs? Any supplements and/or diet help with this?

Ahhhhh blahhhhh

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 8 Week Blighted Ovum

• EM0704EM0704 member

I'm so sorry for your loss. I really can't help you answer your questions about a blighted ovum but I can tell you that I just had my second loss and I am feeling the same way you are.

I want to get to the bottom of it; I want to know why this has happened again - "just a fluke" is not good enough for me. "You will most likely go on to have a healthy pregnancy" is not good enough for me. I need to know why and I need to take action to make sure it doesn't happen again.

This is me. And I'm not going to be satisfied until someone can give me some answers. I'm glad you've joined our board. I wish it was under happier circumstances, but you're in the right place. We've got an amazing group here. I hope you find answers and comfort soon!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Suffering my second blighted ovum too. Same thing, "Why? Why? Why?" I've come to this conclusion -- we are in miscarriage purgatory. On a first miscarriage they say, "It's common. It happens to many people. You are most likely to have a healthy preganancy next time around." Third miscarriage they say, "Something is likely wrong. We need to test and see what's up." But second one they say, "Could be you. Could be luck of the draw. We don't know."

Argggh. All I do know is that when they do test, 50% of the time they can't even find a reason as to why so we might just have to learn to live without the answers. I know this is going to be virtually impossible (especially if you're a control freak like me!) but I'm realizing this just isn't like every other thing that I manage in my life.

Lots of hugs and thoughts to you,

Cali

TTC since April 2010, age 40, 3 miscarriages in total IVF w/PGD June 2012 - failed cycle with a genetically perfect embryo, unexplained infertility January 2013 - On to adoption!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry for your loss. I don't have any experience with a blighted ovum but I wanted to wish you thoughts and prayers.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"