Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Planting a tree in rememberance?

My DH who is a big gardener/planter had the idea to plant trees in our yard in honor of our lost twins.  I really wanted to do something special to remember them. I have mostly struggled with worrying that they will be "forgotten." Not by us, of course, but by family members. So, I did some research and found that the Japanese Cherry Blossom Tree is supposed to be a symbol of the fragility of life, so I thought it is perfect. I hope they grow in our area. I think they do.

Has anyone done something like this?

Thomas Edward born January 21, 2011~ 2 months early image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Our Journey: 4 failed IUI's, 1 IVF resulting in Thomas and 2 lost identical twins.

Re: Planting a tree in rememberance?

• We did. We planted a myer lemon tree. The tree has little green lemons on it now. I check on it every day. I think it's a great idea. Good luck and so sorry for your loss
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • EM0704EM0704 member
    We are going to do this! But we waited too late to plant one in the Spring so now we have to wait until Fall (crazy Alabama weather). I also struggle with everyone else forgetting our babies. I too hope this will be a great way to remember them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • That's really sweet. What a nice idea. I have not planted anything. Nothing seems to grow this part of NC but I wish I could do something like that. I did get a rememberance necklace that I love.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am sorry for your loss!

We are planning to do this as well but haven't yet because we haven't decided what kind to plant.  We moved into a new house at the beginning of April and we just haven't come to a decision.

My brother and SIL gave us a statue that will go under the tree:

https://www.stpatricksguild.com/browse.cfm/sleeping-baby-wrapped-in-angel-wings-statue/4,47080.html

DD#1 11/7/04 DS#1 6/24/06 Chemical Pregnancy 6/08 DD#2 1/28/10 after secondary infertility, Clomid, & acupuncture missed m/c 6/2010 at 8 weeks (baby stopped growing @ 5.5) DS born sleeping 1/13/2011 due to cord accident at 22 weeks. DD#3 3/10/2012
  • My in-laws gave us a Japanese Cherry Blossom tree on the day we buried our baby. I love it, and it will forever remind me of our son.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP on 1/1/11; pPROM at 19 weeks; Jameson Thomas born on 4/5/11 at 20 weeks.

Imagine a love so strong that saying hello and goodbye the same day was worth the sorrow.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"