High-Risk Pregnancy

previous placental abruption moms???

So with my first child I had a placental abruption which resulted in loss of my son. Now i'm pregnant with my daughter and everything looks pretty well but the first one was pretty spontaneous. After you had the first placental abruption and you went to have your second child, was labor different? Was it more difficult or easier?? Like i'm just curious because I did go through with vaginal deliver even after they'd told me we lost him. So I want to know if this delivery will be different than normal procedures??? I know every delivery is different but is there anything they do specifically for people who've been through a placental abruption.

Computer HopeBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: previous placental abruption moms???

• imageCurlingRocks:

I can't answer your question exactly, since I abrupted with this pregnancy and haven't delivered yet.  But I delivered my first vaginally at 18 weeks after discovering we'd miscarried a few weeks earlier.  My docs have told me they will try to deliver me as normally as possible with this one, which may be similar to my prior delivery, but every pregnancy is different and so is every L&D.  I know they are likely to do a C-section on me.

If you haven't abrupted with this pregnancy, I wouldn't worry too much about it.  GL!

Thanks and good luck to you too, thankfully they've seen it before anything drastic has happened.

Computer HopeBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I had a chronic silent abruption, which was monitored, and eventually resulted in the early delivery of my daughter. While my ending was different from yours, my OB did say he would monitor me more closely, and likely induce as soon as lungs are mature when we have another. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a partial aburption with Peyton, which caused her stroke, CP, etc.  However, we were lucky that the bleed stopped, because I was only 20-22 weeks when it happened.

This time, I had to see peri because of it, I also found out I had the MTHFR mutation & was on lovenox the duration.  My placenta was crappy this time as well & had multiple infarcts & aged.  She had IUGR & I had low fluid & PTL starting at 34ish weeks.  

They did tell me the chance of another abruption/crappy placenta was low/non-existent, but at 20 weeks they changed their mine when it was scarring/bleeding.  

...GL 

DD1(4):VSD & PFO (Closed!), Prenatal stroke, Mild CP, Delayed pyloric opening/reflux, Brachycephaly & Plagiocephaly, Sacral lipoma, Tethered spinal cord, Compound heterozygous MTHFR, Neurogenic bladder, Urinary retention & dyssynergia, incomplete emptying, enlarged Bladder with Poor Muscle Tone, EDS-Type 3. Mito-Disorder has been mentioned

DD2(2.5): Late term premie due to PTL, low fluid & IUGR, Reflux, delayed visual maturation, compound heteroygous MTHFR, PFAPA, Bilateral kidney reflux, Transient hypogammaglobulinemia, EDS-Type 3

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"