High-Risk Pregnancy

2nd day of testing blood sugar and...

All of my numbers have been like 20 or 30 below what the max amount is. That's even with eating at a Mexican restaurant last night. I'm just confused, I thought they would be a lot closer to the max number. Has anyone had this happen? Is there such a thing as too low of a number?

Re: 2nd day of testing blood sugar and...

• Your number isn't too low unless it's below 60. Numbers below your limit mean you're doing a good job sticking with your diet :)
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have days like that. Then I get all confident and add a piece of fruit to my lunch and end up at 150something. But usually, yeah, if I stick to my diet, I'm around 105-110, and my limit is 130. So you're doing good, just keep up with the diet and testing.
    Lilypie - (8zJg)Lilypie - (Eu83)
  • Loading the player...
  • Those are good days :)

My numbers generally hang out around the 90-120 range for my meal tests which makes me happy. It also made my doctor happy and she told me I could drop my testing down to doing a fasting test and then alternating a meal test each day. I did drop once into the 60's after a meal and that was not a fun experience at all!

• Well after my lunch test being so low I decided I wanted a cookie (which turned into two cookies). And then I hate a handful of Doritos before dinner, and my number was still pretty low. I guess I'll call the Dr. back on Tuesday and see if I can drop back on my testing, which would be nice since my insurance doesn't cover the supplies!!
  • I started out that way with the diet, and then all of a sudden my numbers spiked back up and got really close to the limit. Now, I have days where all my meals will be like that, and then days like today where I will be close to the limit again without much room. I haven't been able to make sense of it, since I pretty much try to stick with the same thing every day.
    Visit The Nest! image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageWillisWife:
    which would be nice since my insurance doesn't cover the supplies!!

Mine does but they up charge them sooo much and I still haven't met my deductible so I have to pay for them. What I did instead was went on Amazon and ordered them. It was way cheaper. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imagememali26:
    Your number isn't too low unless it's below 60. Numbers below your limit mean you're doing a good job sticking with your diet :)

Pretty much this. However, be careful with numbers in the 60s because some of us start to feel sick at that point. My MFM doctor does not want them below 70.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"