Northern California Babies

Now with Progesterone questions

When I last posted about the prometrium suppositories a lot of you said you only had to do it at night. My doctor wrote for them to be inserted twice a day. Does that sound right? Thanks.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Now with Progesterone questions

• On some cycles I did it 2xs a day. But to be honest I would prefer to do the injection once a day then the suppos. 2xs a day. I hated them messy and made me feel itchy.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    br
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersbr>
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imagesoon2Bkranz:
    On some cycles I did it 2xs a day. But to be honest I would prefer to do the injection once a day then the suppos. 2xs a day. I hated them messy and made me feel itchy.

Ditto

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Yep. Same here. After about week 8?10? of pregnancy they weaned me to 1 a day and then done.

If you're OK with having an intra-muscular injection daily (for 3+ months), the PIO (progesterone in oil) is a once a day type thing. I could barely face a subcutaneous needle, so PIO is not my cup of tea, but it can be an option for you.

Good luck!

• SFAug07SFAug07 member
    I only had to take Progesterone suppositories in the first trimester, once a day at night.
  • Mine were twice a day too.  I did them at night and again right after lunch while Ryan napped.  I needed to be able to lay down for 30 minutes (I think that's what they recommended.)  It's kind of like the old yeast infection medications - makes you feel all gross and goopy.
    Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Ew. Lovely. Well I guess I can get up a half hour earlier and try to do it before I shower on the days I work. I can do the nap thing on the days I don't work. I actually had a horrible reaction to yeast cream so I hope this goes better than that. Thanks again everyone!
  • I did them once a day (anytime).
  • Maybe mine was really low. I did take the test on a very weird cycle though, it was much longer than normal for me. So I suspect the level we got was probably not done on the right day, since it was geared toward my usual cycle length. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"