High-Risk Pregnancy

trying not to worry even more

So, I went today for a follow up appointment, ultrasound, NST, and regular doctors appointment for my vasa previa and as we prepare for this baby. At the last ultrasound a month ago, baby was measuring in the 75th percentile for growth, which is good since we knew he'd be born a month early.  Today he is only at the 11th percentile.  I am already at the Ronald McDonald house and they are planning on hospitalizing me next Friday until the C-section which based on previous growth they were planning on at 36 weeks, now if his growth continues on this path I was told it will be more like during the 35th week.  They have added doppler scans 1 time per week on top of the NST's two times per week.  I wish there was more I could do to ensure the health of this baby.
Shannon Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: trying not to worry even more

• Hang in there!  I was hospitalized @ 28 wks 5 days for very low fluid and because his growth had dropped from 25th percentile to the 11th.  After a week they sent me home on bedrest, and I've been going in twice a week for NSTs, BPPs, dopplers etc.  So I know how you feel.  I'm 33 wks 1 day just like you, and we were/are really hoping to get to 36 wks.  Today the u/s showed my fluid had dropped even lower, and he's now below the 10th (but has grown still) - - so I'm probably headed back to the hospital around 34 or 35 wks too.

I know it's not the exact same situation as yours, but I just wanted to say that I understand and that I know how frustrating it is.  I've been out of work and on bedrest for 5 wks now, and I just wish there was something I could do to make sure he can keep on cooking.  Sounds like you're in excellent hands though - lots of t&p for you and your LO!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you.  Up until now I felt like at least he was on the big side so even if he came early, that was in his favor.  Now, I worry about the nutrition he is getting.  I don't mind all of the extra testing if it means making sure he is safe and I do keep trying to remind myself that at least he has grown, just not as much as they would like.  Initially the doctors had hoped for 36 weeks but now we're being told the 35th week is more likely.  Best of luck to you as well and thank you.
    Shannon Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"