High-Risk Pregnancy

so apparently i passed the 3hr glucose??!!!

i am literally shocked.  i brought my meter w/me and tested either right before or right after my blood draws and according to my results i failed 2 of the three.... according to their results... i passed everything...... WHAAA??? 

i mean don't get me wrong i'm super happy to hear that, but i totally don't believe it!  

i had gd w/ds, i've got high amniotic fluid that they think is due to GD... most of my #s have been bad or borderline when i check my own sugar.. so everything was pointing to it.....

i've been told i don't have to check my sugar anymore, but i'm seriously in shock!  

what's the chances of them having read the results wrong?    and how do they catch people w/a late diagnosis?  i just really do not want to take that darn test again!  as good as the news was, i just really don't believe what they told me lol.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: so apparently i passed the 3hr glucose??!!!

• sraexxsraexx member
    What a pickle. If I were you and my instincts said maybe they were wrong, I would keep to the diet a little bit just to be safe, but wouldn't be too much of a stickler.
    BabyName Ticker
    my read shelf:
    Summer Rae Garcia's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • yeah i plan on continuing to try to eat better, though not as strict as the gd diet... i'll probably keep testing my sugar til i run out of strips... but not for every meal... maybe just 1 or 2 times a day...

my first thought was, dang, i knew i should have bought those klondike bars this morning! LOL

• Loading the player...
  • Congrats, but I am uber jealous :P I've been on the diet since 11 weeks this time :( I think watching your diet a little and keeping tabs on your sugars for a while is probably a good idea, but if the dr says you're in the clear, celebrate with a cupcake for the rest of us ;)
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagememali26:
    Congrats, but I am uber jealous :P I've been on the diet since 11 weeks this time :( I think watching your diet a little and keeping tabs on your sugars for a while is probably a good idea, but if the dr says you're in the clear, celebrate with a cupcake for the rest of us ;)

This!  Congrats on passing your test.  If you have been testing yourself and think you've been high a few times, I would continue to test.  Maybe check after whatever meal you have the most trouble with on a daily basis.  I would also try to keep eating whole wheat carbs instead of refined carbs and eating lots of protein.  Definitely have a treat to celebrate!  GL with the rest of your pregnancy! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • well to celebrate, dh stopped at the store to buy me a cheesecake lol.  which was a bad idea bc his car died. :-( 

so it's a good 30min from our house right now still in the shopping center.... we'll probably have to have it towed this afternoon once he gets off work...  awesome.  

not the battery, which would have been good since it's under warranty... nope it's gonna be something super expensive.  just swell!   win one, lose one i guess!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"