Success after IF

Need dessert idea for BBQ tomorrow

We're going to a BBQ tomorrow at our good friend's house and I'm bringing dessert.  Just looking for some new ideas.  There will be 7 adults and 5 children (ages 1-5).

Let me have your best recipe!  I promise to give you credit as people are making yummy noises.

Allison
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Need dessert idea for BBQ tomorrow

• I love lemon desserts in the spring. So lemon bars, lemon merienge pie are my ideas. Barefoot contessa has a great lemon bar recipe. Check food network website. It should be on there.

Baby Beau
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 for 5 years - Many years, many tears 3 Clomid IUIs all BFN IVF#1 w/ ICSI = BFP!!!! Beta #1 - 157 11dp3dt, Beta #2 - 340 13dp3dt

FET for #2 9/1/11 Beta #1 9dp5dt - 153!!! Beta #2 11dp5dt - 426!!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Psalm 113:9 He settles the barren woman in her home as a happy mother of children. Praise the LORD.
  • Trifle I do two kinds one with chocolate cake/chocolate mousse/cool whip and cut up candy bars the other is angel food cake/strawberry/vanilla pudding/cool whip
    Health&Fitness Blog imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Our IVF miracles!
  • Loading the player...
  • sasa625sasa625 member

We are going to a BBQ on Sunday and I'm bringing homemade angel food cake, whipped cream, and strawberries. I use the "Heavenly Angel Food Cake" recipe on Allrecipes.com.

Beebe's trifles sound delicious though!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • samk213samk213 member
    You have to have a cobbler with BBQ, preferably peach!  I do mine super easy, couple of cans/jars of peach pie filling and a box or two (depending on how much you need to make) of regular yellow cake mix and a melted stick of butter.  Put pie filling in pan, sprinkle the dry cake mix over top (I also mix it in a little with the peaches) drizzle stick of butter over top and bake at 350 for about 45 min.
  • Last weekend I made these awesome Smore Cups.  Found the recipe on the home page of Pampered chef.  Super easy too.

https://www.pamperedchef.com/recipe_search/recipe.jsp?id=91599

Sorry, I don't know how to make it clicky.  I didn't dip them in chocolate at the end and they were still awesome.  Kids and adults liked them.   

• Pretzel Jello-It's sooooo yummy...people will love it!

Bottom layer is crushed up pretzels, 1/2 cup of melted butter and 1/2 cup of sugar.  Blend and bake for 20 minutes on 325.

Middle layer is 2 8oz. packages of cream cheese and 16 oz. cool whip.  Blend and layer on top of pretzels.

Top later is a big box of strawberry jello and a 16 oz. of frozen strawberries in syrup.  Only add 2 cups of hot water to the jello, then the berries.  Layer on top.

Put in fridge for at least 4 hours to cool and set.  YUM!

I promise people will love it! 

ETA:  Use a 9x13 dish. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh my gosh, this is perfect!!  And, for some reason, people think it's fancy and hard - but if you look closely it's so not!

Line a 9x13 casserole dish with ice cream sandwiches.  You'll have to cut some to fit so that the entire bottom is covered.

Cover with a layer of Cool Whip.

Drizzle with Magic Shell chocolate topping.

Sprinkle with Heath Bar crumbles.

Freeze, then cut into squares to serve.

SO DELICIOUS, and perfect for summer time!

Oh, my other option is ice cream balls - scoop vanilla ice cream, roll into balls, and then roll the balls into a mixture of 2 parts crushed Cinnamon Toast Crunch to 1 part mini chocolate chips.  Freeze.  Drizzle with carmel sauce to serve. 

• Dirt cake!!!! So much fun!!!

https://allrecipes.com/Recipe/dirt-cake-i/Detail.aspx

I have never actually put mine pot with flowers though!!!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • CJ71903CJ71903 member
    imageCarrie25:

Pretzel Jello-It's sooooo yummy...people will love it!

Bottom layer is crushed up pretzels, 1/2 cup of melted butter and 1/2 cup of sugar.  Blend and bake for 20 minutes on 325.

Middle layer is 2 8oz. packages of cream cheese and 16 oz. cool whip.  Blend and layer on top of pretzels.

Top later is a big box of strawberry jello and a 16 oz. of frozen strawberries in syrup.  Only add 2 cups of hot water to the jello, then the berries.  Layer on top.

Put in fridge for at least 4 hours to cool and set.  YUM!

I promise people will love it! 

ETA:  Use a 9x13 dish. 

I second this recipe!  SO yummy!  I've also seen it put in a glass bowl which can look really pretty.  I've never made it before, but I've eaten it and it's delicious!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • All versions of Paula Deen's Gooey Butter Cakes are AMAZING!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC since Dec '04 Severe MFI-diagnosed 12/06 3 failed Fresh IVFs FET #1 - BFP!! 2 blasts tx on day 6. Beta #1 8dp6dt = 56, Beta #2 = 600, Beta #3 = 5600 My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • i so the strawberry trifle but with pound cake
  • i do the strawberry trifle but with pound cake
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"