LGBT Parenting
Options

Weekend Plans?

Where is everyone? Did you start vacation early? What's going on?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Weekend Plans?

• Options
    2brides2brides member

I am here at work and have been in meetings all morning.

This is the first weekend in I don't know how long that I have no idea what we are doing (which is probably good since June is pretty busy!)  

Tonight - we'll probably stay home and grill something. Perhaps the kids will play in the water table on the deck (I never thought they would still be into the water table at 5y, but they love it.) L has had a rough week at work and has been working super late, so I bet she will be asleep by 9. 

Saturday - I am still trying to figure out what to do with the kids while L does school stuff. I am sure we'll be at the playground and play outside some. We'll probably stay home tomorrow evening and grill again. I

Sunday - L isn't doing school work! So I have no clue. It is supposed to be hot. Blech. Our community pool is open and I am sure the kids would love to go (there is no way in he!! I am getting into that cold water!) so maybe we'll do that. Perhaps we'll go to the gym and let the kids go to childcare. We have stuff we need to do around the house, so we'll work on that too.

Monday - L is going to wok on school while I take the kids to a birthday party and then out to lunch. I think we'll meet up with the boys' BFF for some time at the pool in the afternoon.

ETA: I just got an e-mail from L that she isn't working on her dissertation this weekend and wants a low key family weekend. YAY! (although every weekend she doesn't do it just means it prolongs the process....sigh.)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

DW and I are going shopping for clothes for my new job. Sunday--blood test! to see if our first IVF worked :-)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are going to Wisconsin to see DW's family. Her dad is quitting his second job, which he has been working for many many years, and we're part of the surprise party.  I am fairly sure my FIL does not read here so it should be safe to say.  :)  I like her family so it should be fun.  Also we may take a jaunt to Madison for some fresh delicious cheese curds at the farmer's market.  Yum.   Ironically though it finally stopped raining here and we're leaving!
    TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • Options

seriously? why is it showing like I posted a completely empty comment? how is that even possible? WTF?

aaaaaaaaaanyway?.

I've been really busy, I've been around I just haven't been posting.

we actually don't have many plans to speak of, and it's a long weekend. I'm definitely looking forward to it. tomorrow our friends are having a cookout in the afternoon. another friend is having a party in the evening to celebrate getting her blackbelt, so we're hoping to go to that, too. I'd like to finish getting the laminate floor down in the basement and get our mess of a house cleaned up, but there's no timetable or pressure for that.

• Options
    I have a big 'ol weekend of nothing much ahead of me :-p  I may try to stop by a friend's BBQ and I also want to take LO to a play area but other than that I have nothing scheduled.  I think it will be nice to clean, work in the yard, and hopefully get the dogs out for a hike or something.
  • Options

I was cleaning for our SW visit today but the SW just text to reschedule.  Not much going on today, going to plant a couple of squash plants I picked up at HD and then go visit J's sister who just had her gallbladder removed.  Will pick A up from school, drop J off at work, make dinner, drop A off at her Dad's for the weekend/holiday, come home to put Iz to bed and then pick J up from work at midnight.

Tomorrow I would like to go to an old time fair in the mountains, not sure if that's going to happen though.

Sunday J works so I will probably garden and read outside while Iz plays.

• Options

I have spent the past 3 hours in a safety training meeting that all staff and providers here are required to attend. That's 3 hours I won't get back.

Tonight E is going to her dad's because they missed their normal visit this week due to early morning work stuff he had to attend. I will be running errands and hopefully catching up on some housework...what exciting Friday night plans, I know!

Tomorrow I get E back sometime in the morning and she has a lunchtime playdate at the golden arches place with one of her friends that couldn't come to her birthday party. Tomorrow evening E, my gf and I are going to dinner at our good friend's house. E LOVES her 2.5 year old boy and is very much the big sister to him, it is too cute. Our friend's mom is visiting, so we will get to visit with her too.

Sunday we are going to the art museum with above friends. After that, I have no idea what the rest of the day will hold. Sunday is supposed to be the best weather day of the weekend but then even that isn't looking that great.

Monday school and work are closed for the holiday, I have no idea what we're doing. E has seen the commercial for the kung fu panda 2 movie and wants to go, maybe we'll see that.

• Options

Tonight we are having some friends over to meet Alexis. Today was Kel's first day back at work, so we are just getting take-out.

Tomorrow, we have a first birthday to go to in the afternoon. I think we may have some folks over to grill Saturday night.

Sunday, I think we are heading over to the in-laws.

Monday, (I hope) we can just hang out at home just the four of us. 

• Options

I am SO excited for this weekend. DP and I BOTH have all three days off - extremely rare for us - so we're basically viewing it as a mini vacation. Paradise  We need it! She's had a crazy week with lots of overnight work, and Pride Month is looming which makes my job super stressful - not to mention that the baby's almost here!

Having dinner with good friends at our favorite Latin American restaurant tonight (cheese bread and mojitos, yummm), and got discount tickets to The Normal Heart on Sunday evening, so we'll have a date night. In between we'll be doing lots of baby prep, including some SHOPPING (our favorite thing) as a reward for getting through the less glamourous furniture moving and junk-culling. Hoping to get almost everything set up this weekend. I can't wait to wash and fold all the baby clothes!

Geeked

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Gosh.. it is going to be a wet week here which is so disappointing for us!  I really wanted to have a super weekend with the little guy outside.  He has been playing more and more these days! It just makes me want to have a second kiddo.  Why can't I convince my DW that we ought to try for a second child.. 

Anyway this weekend. will be farmer's market on Saturday - if the weather holds, we'll swing by a new park to play at. Sunday is an open book along with Monday.  It really all holds out on what we're in the mood for.  We don't do much out here in the boonies but relax and enjoy playing with LB.

*Two - I noticed that JB is signing about 5 words.. LB is also signing as well - he signs about 7 words (food, eat, more, want, thank-you, good, milk, and bye-bye) and only speaks 3 words. He does get his point across with us.  I believe he understands more ASL (American Sign Language) than he lets on. 

• Options

Grilled tonight for dinner it was nice but I am still hungry.  Watching the bs!

Tomorrow no plans

Sunday a bbq.  

Monday nothing. 

• Options
    imageMystjava:

*Two - I noticed that JB is signing about 5 words.. LB is also signing as well - he signs about 7 words (food, eat, more, want, thank-you, good, milk, and bye-bye) and only speaks 3 words. He does get his point across with us.  I believe he understands more ASL (American Sign Language) than he lets on. 

That's great! I'm sure with you and your DP both using ASL, LB does know more than he lets on. I'm trying to capture on video JB signing but of course she never does it when I want her to. :-p

• Options

M and I were supposed to go away for the weekend to visit her family, but I am on CD 14 and no positive OPK yet... so we are hiding out a home.... waiting for the digital smiley face.

We will probably go to the local farmer's market, BBQ with friends, and hopefully relax! I don't want to stress out thid cycle.... HAVE FUN with all of your plans :)

• Options

It is going to be a relax 3 days off..Today we went and watched bridesmaid and went swimming for a couple hours. It was so nice out today..

Sun going to go  church my daughter is going to be singing in choir then gonna go to a bbq.. Monday just have a relaxing day.. Glad everyone is having a great weekend ..

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"