September 2011 Moms
Options

Desk all day...do you keep your legs elevated?

I have noticed some slight swelling in my ankles.

I sit at a desk all day long - should I keep my feet elevated?  If so, how high?

I have been drinking water, doing yoga, and keeping an eye on salts. I really have not had much caffeine either .

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Desk all day...do you keep your legs elevated?

• Options
    I have no idea what is the "correct" height, but I stick my feet in an extra chair a lot during the day and I think it has helped with swelling.
                          January Siggy Challenge: You had one job

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Thank you so much...I will start doing that!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have an extra trash can under my desk and I prop my feet on that. I've been working 15-18 hr days for the past few weeks so I sit in many different positions to keep things from swelling.
  • Options
    I prop one leg at a time up on my desk or sometimes on another chair- it seems to help. I also prop my legs up while I sleep now too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Make sure to get up every 30 minutes to walk around for at least 1 minute. Also, sometimes you're getting too little salt and that, too, will cause swelling. It's recommended to salt your food to taste in order to get the proper amount.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"