LGBT Parenting

picked up my medical records today

to transfer to another ob group and it just dawned on me that we have an envelope on the kitchen counter which has a piece of paper that states the sex of our baby.  I immediately licked the envelope closed.. Why didn't I ask for them to omit that little detail?!  This is just weird.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker

Re: picked up my medical records today

• I don't know if I would have been that strong.  Where did you switch to?  If you don't mind me asking?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Stay strong! I love my team green play mates! We are few and far between but I think it rocks Yes
  • Loading the player...
  • We were team green both times and it was such a great part of the delivery--congrats on staying strong!!!
  • 2brides2brides member
    That is strong! L really wanted to be team green, but I couldn't do it.Smile
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I don't know how you do it!!  I would be dying to know.

TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • Yea... it is weird!  But I won't look :)  I really want to find out from K.  I figure I get to carry the baby, she should have a special moment of her own so she, in theory, will know first and tell me.  I can't wait to hear it from her!  

• imagejeannkerricotober09:

Yea... it is weird!  But I won't look :)  I really want to find out from K.  I figure I get to carry the baby, she should have a special moment of her own so she, in theory, will know first and tell me.  I can't wait to hear it from her!  

Do you have a gut feeling? I knew.  I just did.  K was supposed to announce the sex but I remember that at the moment LO was born I didn't really care. So there was a delay (partly because the cord was too short and the baby couldn't reach my chest) and then I said something like "What is it?" and K said "a girl."  But I remember the feeling of just asking so someone would confirm what I knew.

• no.  Sadly, I have no intuition.  I go back and forth all the time.  Nearly everyone I see tells me it is a boy, because of my bump.  I am all belly, I haven't gained an ounce anywhere else but my boobs (AHH!) and belly.  K thinks it's a boy.  My sisters are positive it's a girl, but I think that is just because there are no nieces or nephews yet and the both daydream of buying dresses.   Oh and the girl Old Navy thinks it is a girl.  ?? people are weird.
  • image2brides:
    That is strong! L really wanted to be team green, but I couldn't do it.Smile

yeah, that. (my DP's an L also)

We compromised by finding out and not telling anyone. I surprised myself by not wanting to know yet at the anatomy scan, so we had the tech seal it in an envelope. Dr said it wouldn't stay shut for one night, but we actually held on to it for about two weeks, I think. I thought that was strength!

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"