Blended Families

I just don't get it...short vent.

BM and SD live 8 hours away and we get about 75 days with her a year. BM has pulled SD out of school this whole week so that they can take a vacation to a ski resort. The bummer? The resort is about 15 minutes away from my house. SD is within a short car ride of us and I'm sure she misses us and her little sister. But do we get a lunch date? No. A phone call even? No. "She's busy. Unavailable. Not to be bothered" according to BM. I'm sorry that being her BF and her half sister is a "bother". And SD says that whenever they are up at this resort all she does is watch TV and play Wii with her cousins. I guess that does make her busy. Too busy for us anyway. 

DH was tearful this morning after texting BM about wanting to see SD for a lunch. Sad day 

Mio Marito per Sempre: Married 2009. SD is 12 yrs. DD is 4 yrs.

DS born 12/29/14

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: I just don't get it...short vent.

• Thats horrible! Your poor DH too :-( 

It is so hard when the other parent puts their wants in front of the childs...will she not even let your guys see her and "make up" a day later from your time? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Well that is totally crappy :-(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I get it.

That's what selfish self centered parents that manipulate and put their child in the middle do. She does it because she knows it gets to you and it's one way she can have control and make a dig at you.

My suggestion:  Your DH should tell her in the most adult, calm, respectable way that it's incredibly unfortunate that she refuses to let him see his daughter when she's that close and if she changes her mind please call him and let him know and he'll be there in a heartbeat. 

And then leave it at that. Let it weigh on her conscious. If she wants to be that kind of person - fine.  It comes back. Trust me. 

• Our CO has a stipulation that it she will be with SDs near our house, she has to notify us 48 hrs in advance to give us the opportunity to make plans to see them. Also if DH is near their house (which he is for work sometimes) if he gives notice she has to make the kids available. We don't have an issue, she never says he cant see them but maybe next time you have a CO modification you could have that thrown in there.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That is sad.  It kills me when people use their kids as pawns this way.

Like a PP said, it comes back.

Mama of 2: one who grew in my womb, both who grow in my heart.
  • Krisx2Krisx2 member

She did agree to let SD call DH tonight (we can't call her because BM has blocked our numbers from her cell phone, it's for personal use only).

We are in the middle of getting the CO modified for totally unrelated reasons. Our lawyer seemed to think that making changes that give us more time with SD or that require BM to let us know when they will be out of state for more than 3 days were "frivolous annoyances to a judge" and would not be changed.

I guess I'm just overly upset by this situation because DD has an MRI tomorrow requiring anesthesia and I'm super focused on giving my kids lots of love and attention today. Miss my SD. Good thing summer break is only 3 weeks away.

Mio Marito per Sempre: Married 2009. SD is 12 yrs. DD is 4 yrs.

DS born 12/29/14

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• image+j+k+:

I get it.

That's what selfish self centered parents that manipulate and put their child in the middle do. She does it because she knows it gets to you and it's one way she can have control and make a dig at you.

My suggestion:  Your DH should tell her in the most adult, calm, respectable way that it's incredibly unfortunate that she refuses to let him see his daughter when she's that close and if she changes her mind please call him and let him know and he'll be there in a heartbeat. 

And then leave it at that. Let it weigh on her conscious. If she wants to be that kind of person - fine.  It comes back. Trust me. 

Awesome advice.

Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • imageKrisx2:

She did agree to let SD call DH tonight (we can't call her because BM has blocked our numbers from her cell phone, it's for personal use only).

We are in the middle of getting the CO modified for totally unrelated reasons. Our lawyer seemed to think that making changes that give us more time with SD or that require BM to let us know when they will be out of state for more than 3 days were "frivolous annoyances to a judge" and would not be changed.

I guess I'm just overly upset by this situation because DD has an MRI tomorrow requiring anesthesia and I'm super focused on giving my kids lots of love and attention today. Miss my SD. Good thing summer break is only 3 weeks away.

I give the side eye to this lawyer's statement.  It just seems odd, considering so many lawyers say to "shoot for the moon" and ask for everything under sun, but be prepared to settle for less.

It is hardly frivolous to want to know that your child is out of state for 3+ days!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageKrisx2:

How can you have any contact with SD if she has blocked your numbers?  Isn't there anything in your CO about SD being able to have contact with her parents at any time?  Does she unblock them when SD is with y'all?  "Personal use"?  How can it get more "personal"?

? PgAL/PAL Welcome ? My Chart ?
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"