New Jersey Babies

Crippling fear of getting pregnant-Need help

I am in my early 30's. I just don't have that desire to be a mom. I was abandoned by my teenage mother and raised by my grandparents. I came from an abusive family. My husband's family is falling apart. i can't find a job. It just seems like its not for me. When I think to myself do I ever want kids, I think I do. But I have alot of health problem including depression. Plus I have no support pretty much no one except my husband. He got into a bad car accident and works so much. I don't know. I just think but the time i come around it'll be too late. I am not trying to get pregnant but I can't find any info about a fear of getting pregnant. I guess its not a common situation. Most women can't wait to have kids I am the opposite. Any thoughts?

Re: Crippling fear of getting pregnant-Need help

• MyeMye member

having children/being pregnant is not for everyone....maybe you could get some counseling 

good luck... 

• yes, counseling may be good...you don't have to have children but now would be a good time to explore it...also, coming from someone that was dying to have kids and is struggling a bit to have a second, i feel like you are NEVER completely ready for the experience because it's a life changer!! 

best of luck!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"