September 2011 Moms
Options

good news/bad news -- part AW, part rant

The Good News:

DH's aunt bought us a crib! It was on our registry, but really only for the completion coupon. I didn't think someone would buy it (well, *maybe* one of our moms, but I wasn't counting on it). It was so generous of her, and way above and beyond since she is also hosting our shower at her house. <3

The bad news:

We had no idea it was coming, so we were surprised to get a call saying a crib had been delivered to our apartment. I went home on my lunch break to bring it in. Well, we live on the second floor, and it was left propped up at the bottom of the stairs. I could have pushed it a couple of feet into the apartment had it been upstairs, but there is no way I could have moved that monstrous box up the stairs! I don't know who delivers for BRU, but you'd think for the $200+ they charge to ship a crib, they could at least leave it at our door! Thank goodness we have a very nice maintenance guy who moved it into the garage, and offered to help my husband get it up the stairs later tonight when he gets home.

Anyone else have issues w/ BRU's shipping?

Re: good news/bad news -- part AW, part rant

• Options
    they charge $200 for shipping???
  • Options

imagesomewhereincali:

yep. thats why we chose the pick-up-in-store option. Shipping costs almost as much as the crib itself!!! Ridiculous...

I dont have two stories so UPS usually leaves things right at my door but yay for the maintenance man helping you!!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Holy crap on shipping costs! But that was nice of the maint. guy. 
  • Options
    imagesomewhereincali:
    What???? My MIL only paid $56 for our crib to be delivered via UPS from BRU!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageHandJsFirst:
    imagesomewhereincali:
    What???? My MIL only paid $56 for our crib to be delivered via UPS from BRU!

I don't know exactly what she paid for shipping (I didn't ask), but I'm nosy, and I put it in my cart to see, and it was more than $200, even after the discount for a purchase over $100... I hope she got some sort of deal! Tongue Tied Honestly, I'm surprised she had it shipped, since our shower is at her house in a few weeks and DH has a truck we could tote it home in...

• Options
    Maybe it depends on where you live? We're in Chicago so maybe there's a distribution center nearby. I only know how much she paid bc she forwarded me the shipping confirmation so I could track the delivery. Our delivery guy also offered to help DH carry it up to our 4 th floor unit so it sounds like we made out all around!
  • Options

Yay for the crib, boo for crib moving issues.

FWIW, my friend is a FedEx delivery guy (one that will actually do everything he can to keep packages secure)... keep in mind that just because the retailer charged $200 for shipping doesn't mean that the delivery guy would get a bonus or anything for carrying your item up 2 flights by himself.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imagesandrarn11:

Yay for the crib, boo for crib moving issues.

FWIW, my friend is a FedEx delivery guy (one that will actually do everything he can to keep packages secure)... keep in mind that just because the retailer charged $200 for shipping doesn't mean that the delivery guy would get a bonus or anything for carrying your item up 2 flights by himself.

Well, it's only one flight, but I get what you're saying. But something that really made me crazy is that they left it propped up against a stair rail, in the middle of a common area, not remotely near my front door. The label was small and on the side. If I hadn't been told that there was a crib delivered, I probably wouldn't have even looked at it...

• Options
    Wow, I might actually send a complaint to BRU over that one. I think they should try and leave it by your door or at least at the leasing office where it would be secure.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"