Baby Showers

Theme Question - stupid but just want to make sure....

Does the Shower theme have to match the theme you picked for the bedding/bedroom??

The only thing that caught my eye was the monkey/jungle theme at babysrus until I found out that Target has Snoopy (online only) for the bedding, but I can't find Snoopy baby shower stuff now.

Also - what about the baby book - I can't find Snoopy - it's all the Monkey/Jungle... or some plain thing which I don't like.  

I don't know if I should change my registry again or just leave it the way it is.

Stressing - it's my first boy!!!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Theme Question - stupid but just want to make sure....

• As far as I know, there is nothing saying they have to match
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You are way overthinking this.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageak1234:
    You are way overthinking this.

This. Get a grip. You can do whatever you want.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The baby shower decorations have nothing to do with your LO's nursery decor.  Don't stress over it.  It is nice to do something different.  Same - Same gets boring.
  • No, it doesn't have to match. The last two showers I hosted for friends, one theme matched the decor of the nursery because it also really spoke to the couple's personality and lifestyle, while the other did not.  Both were nice.
  • imageemilydholmes1:

imageak1234:
    You are way overthinking this.

This. Get a grip. You can do whatever you want.

Another "this".  Really- THINK about what you're asking. 
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• LaTi07LaTi07 member

Take a deep breath. You are stressing over nothing. Not EVERYTHING baby related has to be matchy matchy. Your shower does not have to match your nursery at all. Regardless of the theme, people will buy what you have on your registry (in theory) so if you registered for items for your nursery they are going to buy those items. If you are the type of person who has to have everything matching (ie: stroller, high chair, nursery, baby shower, baby book, etc), you will never find a theme. Go with the things you like, his baby book will be with you for a lifetime, the crib bedding will be with you for maybe a couple years before he grows up and wants Spiderman instead.

My Old Blog | My Chart | TTCAL Shenanigans
    ♥BFP #1 "Spawn"- 02/23/11 | EDD: 11/01/11 | natural m/c 03/20/11 @7w5d♥
    ♥BFP #2 "Offspring"- 11/10/12 | EDD: 07/25/13 | incomplete m/c 12/14/12 @8w1d | D&C 12/21/12♥
    ♥BFP #3 "Progeny" - 02/16/15 | It's a BOY!! | EDD: 10/17/15 | BD: 10/23/15
    All AL Always Welcome

• Thank you all for putting me in check!!!! I am over thinking it - I think I already know the answer to the other thought I?ve been having..... hehehehehehe - LMAO!!!!!!

The other thought - (the 2nd reason why the crib sheets were changed) someone at work picked the jungle/zoo theme - she's having a girl. Her invitation for the work shower is the same theme as her nursery d?cor. I didn't want it to look like I was copying so I was trying to find something else when I found snoopy.

I know if does not matter but this is what I think of when I?m laying in bed waiting to fall asleep!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"