tripler — The Bump
Military Families

tripler

I know someone posted about this before but she didn't get that many response's so I wanted to ask again.  Has anyone delivered at Tripler Army Medical Center?  I was just wondering what there experience was like.  I've been going there through my whole pregnancy and have been having a good experience so far but am just wondering about anyone else's experiences.  Thanks

Re: tripler

• 1momma1momma member
    I did, and will again. I loved it, once you get past the L&D triage nurses, they just are not helpful at all.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I also gave birth at Tripler. I agree with everything PP said.
  • Loading the player...
  • love all your sigs 1momma LOL
    Trying for baby #1 in June!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • Until we PCSd last August I was a Tripler L&D nurse (in fact a triage nurse quite often).  It remains the best hospital and unit I've every worked on.  Most of the nurses are great.  It is tough to get past triage, but for good reason, if every gal who thought she was in labor got admitted they would need twice the rooms they have.  Sorry, but that's the reality!  At least half of the first-time moms who come in thinking they are in labor are not really in active labor yet.  So just don't run in at the first twinge of contractions.  There is a reason we say to wait until the contractions are less than 5 minutes apart for at least 2 straight hours and getting progressively stronger, enough that you have to stop what you're doing and breathe through them.  There are always the odd exceptions, like women who dilate without hard contractions, but most women are not in active labor until that point, and sometimes not even then.
  • 1momma1momma member

imageRachelFay:
    Until we PCSd last August I was a Tripler L&D nurse (in fact a triage nurse quite often).  It remains the best hospital and unit I've every worked on.  Most of the nurses are great.  It is tough to get past triage, but for good reason, if every gal who thought she was in labor got admitted they would need twice the rooms they have.  Sorry, but that's the reality!  At least half of the first-time moms who come in thinking they are in labor are not really in active labor yet.  So just don't run in at the first twinge of contractions.  There is a reason we say to wait until the contractions are less than 5 minutes apart for at least 2 straight hours and getting progressively stronger, enough that you have to stop what you're doing and breathe through them.  There are always the odd exceptions, like women who dilate without hard contractions, but most women are not in active labor until that point, and sometimes not even then.

I understand that, but if  someone calls in with a concern about to many contrx at 33 weeks, it shouldnt take 1.5 hours to call them back. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I delivered there im in the navy it was a little weird going to tripler because the army is different from the navy. I also went through the mid wife program because the mid wives were civilian. they were really helpful in getting me ready for my labor and delivery. i had a big birthing suite and  they listened to me . my son came with no problems and we left the hospital 3 days later. only thing i didnt like was the mommy meal the steak was dry and veggies were mush and over cooked DH went and got me sushi and a candy apple from windward mall lol!!!!  his little bed/chair wasnt too comfortable either but oh well.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker June 6th first round infertility tests June 15 cycle inducing June 20 first round clomid trying to concieve for a year 6 months
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards