D.C. Area Babies
Options

Father's Day gifts?

It's our first Father's Day since DD and I'm trying to think of something nice to get DH. For Mother's Day he got me a beautiful necklace and earring set with DD's birthstone. I'd like to do something meaningful but it's harder with men, I think! DH is a big reader and his quiet time with DD every day is reading to her before bed, so I'm trying to think of something along those lines. But it's hard to think of something that isn't specifically for DD.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Father's Day gifts?

• Options
    Last year I got a bunch of childrens' books that were like "dad and me" for DH to read with DS.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I would do what PP said, but maybe also add a gift certificate to Borders or B&N for him to buy himself some books?  What about a Nook or a Kindle?  You can get childrens books on those and it could be DH's and DD's special book of all books.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Does your DH like to read by himself as well?  If so, could your get him a Nook, it's a little on the pricey side, but he might like it.

I got a color Nook Color for Christmas and I love it!  I download books for myself to read, but I also have kids books on them as well.  The cool thing about some of the kids books is that you can get ones that are "Read to Me" so that the book will read to your DD.  That can be for later on. 

My DS who is 20 months will pick my Nook up and say "book, book, book" until I open it for him.  He already knows how to turn the pages in the book by himself.

• Options
    imagejess08200:

Does your DH like to read by himself as well?  If so, could your get him a Nook, it's a little on the pricey side, but he might like it.

I got a color Nook Color for Christmas and I love it!  I download books for myself to read, but I also have kids books on them as well.  The cool thing about some of the kids books is that you can get ones that are "Read to Me" so that the book will read to your DD.  That can be for later on. 

My DS who is 20 months will pick my Nook up and say "book, book, book" until I open it for him.  He already knows how to turn the pages in the book by himself.

I was going to suggest the Nook Color as well.  I love mine.  The Read to Me function is pretty cool and might also be good for temporary baby distraction.

The only other thing I can think of is maybe a nice watch with an engraving on the back from your DD.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    kastlekastle member

not book related, but my husband is an avid cyclist, so I got him a picture frame with in-laid bike chain from etsy.  I'm going to put a picture of him & the Sprout in it for his office. I'm also going to make his favorite meals for breakfast (bacon pancakes) and lunch (steak sandwiches).  that's all I could think of!

Men are really hard to buy for!

• Options

I love my new Kindle and I got the one with special offers for cheaper and it is as great as the regular one.  It is an awesome gift for a reader.  I have not been spearated from mine since I got it and I get all excited about reading new books I have on there.

Another idea would be one of those custom books you can make for the kids that he can read to her. Here are some places I found by googling:

https://www.pintsizeproductions.com

https://www.mycustomstory.com/

• Options

I made DH a custom story book from DS last time around: https://www.flattenme.com/us/

This time around I'm getting him this.  He's been talking about it for AGES - DS will love it too since he loves riding on Daddy's shoulders!

https://www.ebags.com/product/kelty-kids/fc-30/147130?basketalready=yes&productid=10024369&itemid=1&cartlink=view 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Two years ago I got DH a picture of DD1 from allpopart.com.  I did the 4 panel Andy Warhol style.  It was for his office, but he ended up wanting to keep it at home.  This year he asked for the same thing but with a picture of DD2 (who is around the same age as DD1 is in the pic I used). They are not cheap, but they are cool.  I think they will end up in our basement which we are turning in to a playroom for the girls.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"