LGBT Parenting

TTT

Let's see 'em! :-)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: TTT

• 1. DW's car is broken and had to be towed to the shop this morning.

2. this is the worst time of the year in texas. the weather is a$$-nasty and tornadoes threaten to kill us every other day.

3. the weather also gives me horrible headaches and i can't take excedrin because of the pregnancy. plus, bad hair every day.

4. we told my godmother & godsister about the baby on sunday and they're both really excited. gs is already planning the shower for october.

5. i'm sleepy

6. because of #5, i don't think i can think of much more here.

7. i'm REALLY ready to tell the world about this baby, but making myself wait at least another week and it's painful!

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker White Knot

• 1. My coworker is annoying me.

2. My tea tastes like it has cake frosting in it.  Impossible, but that's the flavor I'm getting today.

3. I attempted to finger paint with LO last night.  She was much more interested in putting the tubes of paint back in their box than she was the paint.

4. Naked baby with paint smears on her belly is adorable!

5. I'm just frustrated today.

6. LO is wearing jelly sandels today. Did you have a pair when you were little? I remember loving mine.

7. That's it, I'm stuck at 7.  Maybe I'll come back later and finish.

• Loading the player...
  • 1. I'm eating my lunch and it's only 11:45.

2. My sister reads some bump boards and I worry she may lurk here.  If you're reading this can you tell me please?  :-P

3.  DW and I are agreed to going to an info session on TTC at a lgbt center. We'll see where this takes us...

4. My Harry Potter reading is going very slowly; I keep getting sucked in to other things.

5. I'm glad I no longer live in tornado country.

6.  My work installed an internet filter to block facebook, youtube, etc. etc.

7. Their stupid program is currently also blocking the databases we use to write notes and do other essential job functions.  

8.  I hear you on weight issues, mommiemonster.  Sigh.  I have always been a larger person and have done a lot of yo-yo-ing and it gets out of control so easily...

9. DW has recently decided she doesn't like it when I say "I hear you" and I apparently say it all the time.

10. Decent plus-size swimsuits (for Greece!) are way too expensive. 

TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • 1. Results of Iz's HIV test... NEGATIVE!

2. On the way back from the clinic yesterday, J found a stray kitten in a bush and brought it home so I could give it some food.  She is now named Cookie (I call her Oatie because she looks like a burnt oatmeal cookie) and generally resides somewhere on my body for most of the day.  She purrs all the time and likes to rub her face on my hands and chin to get attention. 

3. Iz told us this morning that she wets the bed on purpose.  I don't know what to do now.

4. We decided to open up the wall between the kitchen and dining room to make a bar area once we buy the house.  We will also close off a door in the kitchen that leads into the girls bedroom (weird) so that I can have more cabinets and counter space.

5. For #4 to happen, J needs to get a move on with the house buying stuff.  She is such a procrastinator and this is not the time to procrastinate.

6. J and I watched Fast Five last night, it was good.

7. I want to take Iz to a yoga class and see how she does, maybe it will help her focus?

8. J bought a bunch of meat from a coworker, 10lbs of pork chops and 20lbs of assorted sausages, the hotlink kind.  Does anyone have recipes for pork chops and/or these sausages?

9. Peppermint mocha creamer is the best.

10. I love laundry day but I despise folding.

1.  Guess who is sick again..yup Miss Ella
    2. The good news is we avoided the ER last night because we were able to give her the nebulizer at home to see if it helped.  It did.
    3. Doctor this morning is starting to talk about asthma.
    4. I am not surprised since she has a higher risk due to her prematurity.  
    5. I hope no one on this board has to go down the road we have been down.  I would have done anything to prevent it.  Including locking myself in a closet for months.
    6. This week is the one year anniversary of the death of a preemie friend's son.  He was born at 29 weeks too and died of respiratory failure due to a common cold virus at 22 months.  Makes me count my blessings.
    7. The math teacher I work with has a 2 family house and his 2nd floor apt in up for rent.  It is not much more than we are paying now and 3 bedrooms 2 baths and a study.  I would love to have the space.
    8. I am excited about our long weekend.  Not any plans but an extra day off is very welcome.
    9. We only have 18.5 teaching days left!!!
    10. I hope my baby and wife are doing ok.  I hate when she is sick and I can't be home.  Boo.
    11. 1. Starting to accept that moving is going to take a long, long time. There are just no jobs to be had.

2. Looking forward to our long weekend in Miami this weekend, but wondering when I will get a chance to leave the city after that. Jen is going to her nephew's birthday party two weeks after, and a conference in Las Vegas two weeks after that, but I'm staying here to save money and take care of the dogs.

3. Tomorrow is one month since I gave up sugar. I have only "cheated" once, although I accidentally had sugar at least two other times. Still proud of myself.

4. My parents and brother are visiting Wichita right now, and tornados are expected tonight. Hoping they stay safe.

5. My parents spent the first night of their honeymoon in Joplin, MO. I wonder if the motel they stayed at was still there, and if so, if it made it through the storm. It's not important, I just wonder.

6. My SIL just found out that she expecting a girl. Yay! :)

7. I am on WW too. Yay WW buddies.

8. I was very productive at work yesterday, but I didn't get to work on my "priority" project. Making it an actual priority this afternoon.

9. I helped a coworker alphabetize 400+ resumes this morning. It brought back memories of a temp job I once had where all I did was sit and alphabetize little slips of paper all day long. Yuck. But it made me very fast.

10. It was very muggy on my run this morning. Summer is officially here.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    12. 1.  K is pitiful when she is sick.  She is moping around the house like she is the only person in the world to have a cold (which we now think is the flu..) so many times I shut my mouth before saying.. sucks doesn't it?  

2.  I try to stay busy when I am sick so it is my own fault for not letting on and allowing her to take care of me.

3.  The baby seems to have migrated under my ribs and I think this is insanely early.  My uterus stops about 1 inch below my sternum.. it was just above my belly button on Sunday.  Why the sudden migration? I was up all night, super uncomfortable.  I am short (5'1) with a short torso so I guess it is all relative but it is going to be a looooong second half if I can't sleep already. 

4.  I want to write something kind of nasty on here to vent but I can't because I am scared the family members I want to vent about somehow stumbled across this board.  Why didn't I choose an vague name??

5.  It is really eating me up...

6.  Don't say it, Jean... AHHHH.. Can't resist.

(exhale) 

7.  I ditched my ob and hired a doula and am moving to a midwife group.  I couldn't be happier.

8.  We leave for Ptown on the 20th and Henry, my cat with congestive heart failure, had a relapse last weekend.  I am worried we might have to cancel.

9.  I listen to Hypnobabies at night when I sleep.  

10.  It has been about 50 degrees for the last 12 days and today it is pushing 80.  No wonder we are so sick. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
      1. I don't know where to start, I feel like I can list twenty things that are on my mind today.
      2. I love the way the Kiddos are interacting more with each other, I just wish they wouldn't try to bite one another when they get frustrated.
      3. My doctor's baby is due next week...I was so excited at my appointment yesterday that I almost forgot the reason I was there.
      4. A lady in the cube across from me is due Thursday...I love the excitement!
      5. Our work is holding a celebration for many of us today at 1:30...we found out about it at 2:15 yesterday afternoon.
      6. Peanut is getting stubborn in saying the words we know she can say (e.g. milk, up). She has resorted to grunting and pointing.
      7. #6 is probably my fault because I grunt-play with the Twins. When I want their attention I grunt...they grunt back. It started months ago...I should have stopped when C asked me to. Embarrassed
      8. I have a love-hate relationship with so many things...I either love to hate (e.g. the Dallas Cowboys), or hate it that I love too much (e.g. Smucker's pre-made peanut butter and grape jelly sandwiches).
      9. 3 minutes until I am supposed to be on the lawn out front...I so don't want to go!
      10. Beginning tomorrow I will not be back at work until next Wednesday and I do not have to use one bit of leave...FANTASTIC! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

13. 1. I am starting to wonder if summer is ever going to get here. Yes, this is Seattle, but we have had maybe 3 partial days of sun so far...sigh.

2. I can't remember who posted about their friend in the Minnesota state government testifying about gay marriage, but your friend's clip was on Rachel.Maddow last night. Woot!

3. DD has got out of the gym routine and I'm hoping to get her back in it tonight. I need to exercise. Fingers crossed!

4. I saw my neurologist yesterday for my annual MS checkup. She said everything looks great, come back in another year.Big Smile

5. DD's 5 year well child appt. is Thursday afternoon. I can't wait to see where she's at in numbers, she's SO tall.

6. DD is picking up some interesting "booty shake" moves at school...I'm not so sure this mama likes that.

7. I have a green plastic dinosaur on my desk that DD asked me to promise to take to work with me.

8. I need to make a dentist appointment. I had some crappy experiences as a kid and therefore don't like going. But it's time.

9. I hope Ella gets better soon, sorry to hear she's sick again SSG. And boo for car troubles Qbert.

10. Oh lookie, there's sun shining thru the clouds. I think I actually see blue sky!

14. 1. i am diaper obsessed. i think its my nesting since i cant make a nursery...

2. no offers on the house Sad

3. Kershic - check landsend. I had a suit from them for 6 yrs (finally needs replacing) and a lot come in plus sizes

4. I'm going to my first Crossfit class tonight. i hope i like it.

5. we picked up our cribs last night. now they're living in boxes in my mom's basement.

6. i kept decorations from the shower my rugby kids threw us to give to my mom for our shower in june. is that rude? Stick out tongue

7. i wish we had a vacation planned.

8. i think i need to take an LOA this fall from my EdD program and I'm really nervous about telling my advisor.

9. 11 weeks to babies.

10. my spaceheater is running in my office. 80 outside, 60ish in here.

15. imageseattlekari:

2. I can't remember who posted about their friend in the Minnesota state government testifying about gay marriage, but your friend's clip was on Rachel.Maddow last night. Woot!

That was me--Kel and I are going to watch the Maddow episode tonight :)

1. Alexis and I had another lactation appointment today. We are struggling to get this nursing thing down.

2. She is 2 weeks today--how is that possible???

3. Last night Kel and I took the kids to the neighborhood playground. There was another family there, a mom with her 3 adoptive kids. Her kids were asking her about death in light of the tornado and then spinning off into the death of their bio parents. She was amazing--answering them directly but not over-sharing. I hope that we can handle the awkward questions that our kids are going to ask as well as she did.

4. Eli was adorable on the swings and going down the slide--he is getting to be such a big kid.

5. My brother-in-law came over yesterday to meet Alexis--he moved a couple hours away 2 months ago and was really cute with Lex but amazing with Eli. Last time he saw Eli, he was barely standing and now he is walking everywhere. Joe was blown away and a huge cheerleader :)

6. I am finally coming out of the fog of my pregnancy/delivery and am starting to really enjoy being a mommy to two :) 

7. Kel is enjoying one of her last days off by taking Eli to a farm. She just called to say he made the milk sign to a cow--cute!!!

8. We had our newborn shoot with Alexis the other day--I can't wait to see the pictures! We did some pictures at the hospital, but Alexis had an allergic reaction on her face so they don't really look like her. You can see them at: https://www.myfirstdayphotogallery.com/gallery/anw051211aalexis-755408 passcode: ANW051211aAlexis 

9. I am going wedding dress shopping with my BFF tomorrow and Thursday. I am really excited for her wedding!

10.  I am watching crappy tv and snuggling my newborn--life is pretty freakin' good right now.

1. I love toddler belly laughs. Best.thing.ever.
      2. I have to mediate a dispute between two groups of employees this afternoon and I'm not looking forward to it.
      3. I wish I had a better memory. It sucks that my boss has a better memory about my own projects than I do.
      4. Is mommy brain a permanent state? If so, I'm in for some long hard years at work.
      5. The kiddos finally let me feel their gums this weekend and WOW they have a LOT more teeth than I thought!
      6. No wonder Little Man keeps me up all night! I would have a hard time sleeping with all that pain, too!
      7. We are doing family pictures this weekend (yes, their "1 year old" photo shoot... at 14 months). I am very excited, but I REALLY wish I were 30 lbs lighter. Yuck.
      8. I bought a point-and-shoot camera in March to replace the one I broke, and I really don't like it. I don't have any good pics of the kids for the last several months. I don't know if I should spend a little money to get a duplicate of the one that broke, or a lot of money to get my dream camera. Hmm...
      9. I am so very thirsty but haven't been able to get a decent drink of water all day. Darn meetings.
      10. Annnnd... I'm off to another meeting. Happy Tuesday, everyone!
      married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
      IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
      Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
      finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
    16. imagelnelson20:

8. We had our newborn shoot with Alexis the other day--I can't wait to see the pictures! We did some pictures at the hospital, but Alexis had an allergic reaction on her face so they don't really look like her. You can see them at: https://www.myfirstdayphotogallery.com/gallery/anw051211aalexis-755408 passcode: ANW051211aAlexis 

Love these! Look at those cheeks!!!

image Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    17. 1: Jean, DW has a sore throat a you would think from her whining she is dying from some horrible flesh eating virus. She is such a whine baby (I really do love her lol) when she is sick and it annoys the crap out of me. I feel for you.

2: Ann's brother and his wife are expecting again. I am happy and upset/annoyed. Happy they are having another baby. Upset/annoyed because 6 months ago when we started TTC #2 they said they had no plans for number two and could not even imagine having number two anytime soon (R is seven weeks older than Ky). Apparently in march they changed their mind, so they say and BAM preggo first try. Must be nice being married to Fertile Myrtle...*sigh*

3: I am sorry if number #2 came off b*tchy but I feel like I really do not have anyone IRL to vent to about this stuff aside from my wife who has the same feelings I do about the matter...

4: Ann's mom was not very comforting when she talked to her about the pregnancy thing. She said, "Well if it was not meant to be then it was not meant to be." Totally not what she needed to hear....

5: On to a more happy not I am in full first birthday party planning mode!

6: I made a list of parks we are going to check out tonight and there is a spreadsheet that lists their amenities to help us make our decision.

7: Ann rolled her eyes at my spreadsheet.

8: I need to start scouring around for the items I still need for her party that I can buy in advance. I already have a stash: mini cake pan (to make her smash cake), butterfly cookie cutters (to decorate the big/smash cake and use as templates), and a choclate covered pretzel mold.

9: I found a really cute way to make butterflies with melted chocolate and I am so excited to try and make some for her cake...

10: I am debating on whether or not to make an additional gluten free cake for my mom. I think she would appreciate it since she can never have cake at parties because of the gluten but I wonder if it would make her feel singled out...

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    18. 1. Not feeling well today. Leave it to me to get sick just as the weather is improving. Boo.

2. Hoping I can fight it off with lots of fruit, water and rest. Hear that Henry? REST! Mommy needs rest!!

3. He actually has been really great today Smile Just would have enjoying an afternoon nap...

4. Seems like he is pretty much ditching his PM nap, unless we go out and gets some z's in the car.  The morning nap has gotten longer, though, which is nice.

5. He is really playing these days! It's so fun to watch him.

6. He's wearing shorts today, for the first time this year, with his new sandals. The cuteness is killing me.

7. C's car needs all new brakes. Ugh, that one hurts the bank account. But, I guess we've been relatively lucky with her car not needing too many things overall.

8. I bought fish at the grocery store today for an easy dinner. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, cook for 10 minutes, and call it good! Though I do need to decide on some sort of side...

9. C did a public speaking training at work, and she gave her speech about cloth diapers. Even brought some in as props. I'm so proud Wink

10. Henry is playing on the bottom steps of the basement stairs, sticking his tongue out and waving at me.

Mrs._F
      sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    19. 2brides2brides member

1. I took today off and went to the kids' end of the year picnic with their school.

2. It was a lot of fun to hang out with the other parents and kids. But oh.my.goodness it was hot.

3. Because of the heat, the kids and I bathed as soon as we got home at 3:45 and put on our pajamas. Big thumbs up to that.

4. We just made rice krispie treats. L is not pleased since she started WW today (honestly, I didn't do it to torture her - the kids have been asking about them for weeks and we just found the time to make them.)

5.  The kids are now playing with their iTouches while I sit in bed and watch the Oprah from yesterday. Great parenting, huh? :)

6. L went to Costco solo because no one wanted to take off their pajamas. LOL.

7. I never knew that learning to ride a bike with training wheels would be so difficult or frustrating (for the rider and the parent!!)

8. I think I have a bunyon on my big toe. Isn't that something that happens to older people?

9. My kids went rock climbing at the gym this weekend. They looked so cute in their little harneses and did a great job climbing.

10. I love the bond that the boys have. As much as they argue and fight, they really do support each other and when they have been away from each other for even a few hours, their eyes light up when they see each other.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    20. image2brides:

8. I think I have a bunyon on my big toe. Isn't that something that happens to older people?

10. I love the bond that the boys have. As much as they argue and fight, they really do support each other and when they have been away from each other for even a few hours, their eyes light up when they see each other.

#8. Hey, I resemble that remark! LOL!

A big one on the right and one forming on the left. Uh, but then again I am menopausal...Indifferent (early menopause folks, early menopause Wink)

#10. I pray our Kiddos are the same way. I have 5 siblings and I believe we have each others back regardless of fighting sometimes. I want our Kiddos to have a strong bond.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

21. Is it already Tuesday again?

1. I am sick of the weather changes. Yesterday, we were outside wearing sunscreen, today I wore my fleece and was freeeezing. What the heck, Mother Nature?

2. I have mixed feelings about Friday. It'll be a busy work day.. but also the day we're driving down to Chicago.

3. Speaking of Chicago.. I'm pretty excited to be dress shopping. Have been browsing through David's Bridal's website to get ideas on styles. Not excited to be spending money..

4. Wedding planning is a rollercoaster. Emotional, fun, stressful, exciting

5. I literally slept 12 hours yesterday. I went to sleep at 7:30 p.m. That made me feel old.

6. It makes me sad to see so many disrespectful little ones at work. When I was little, I would have never thought about talking back to or ignoring an adult..

7. On the upside, I love them lol. Great moment from today: I was sitting playing "Cinderella" with one hanging off my back, one on my lap and two by my side. (Totally worth it resulting in a fat lip.. my own! Haha)

8. I'm missing DF today.

9. I used to come up with a bunch of cool crafts for the kiddos to do after their naptime.. but lately I feel like I'm out of ideas.

10. We've decided to hold off TTC until after the wedding (and I'm actually relieved about it) 

BabyFruit Ticker
      Cycle #1 6/26/2010 IUI- BFN (TTC break)
      Cycle #2 4/24/2011 IUI- BFN
      Cycle #3 3/30/2012 IUI- BFP!!!
      HB@8 weeks= 154, HB@12 weeks= 180
      Grow, baby, grow!

White Knot
    This discussion has been closed.
    Choose Another Board
    Search Boards
    "
    "