South Florida Babies

Insurance Help

Hello Everyone,

I have never posted and i am shopping around for a good maternity insurance. We pay for our own insurance with my husband, so if you do the same it would help even more. Right now i have Blue Cross Blue Shield and my insurance is expensive and now i want to add maternity and they only give you 2 options and both are very expensive. So please recommend your insurance and maybe different options that they provide and how much it costs. Also, if you are with BCBS which plan do you have.

Thank you so much,

R :)

Re: Insurance Help

• Maternity policy is very expensive overall.  I had to buy private insurance a few yrs ago and did get the maternity plan.  Overall, I think it was rather reasonable for being an individual plan (I believe less than $400/mo just for me).  It was a UnitedHealth Care plan through Golden Rule.  

https://www.goldenrule.com/

Keep in mind, most plans, when adding maternity, require a grace period before becoming pregnant... so if already TTC, add the plan quickly!  : )

GL, finding insurance, and TTC. 

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I am on DH's plan through his work.  We have insurance through Aetna and were very happy with our maternity plan, but it was a group plan.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"