Pregnant after a Loss

Tuna Salad Sandwich

Can someone provide a bit of insight into the "to eat, not to eat" tuna situation?  We bought solid white albacore tuna for sandwiches this week.  I know the FDA says to limit the serving to 6 oz. a week (a can is about 3 oz.).  But then it also says to limit to one serving.  So...stay with me here...if I use one can to make sandwiches for the week, could I eat the sandwiches all week and be OK since I am still staying under the 6 oz. a week?  Or just one sandwich, since that is one serving?

Or...just avoid the tuna altogether?  I really want the sandwich!!

Pregnancy Ticker Missed m/c 11/30/2010

Re: Tuna Salad Sandwich

• MrsAtchMrsAtch member
    Limit to oz, not servings. My doc said as long as I'm not eating more than a can of tuna a week I'm fine.
    After two losses, a rainbow arrived! DD born 11.5.11
    Dx with severe Asherman's syndrome after a botched PP D&C (pursuing med mal)
    Hysteroscopy Oct '13, not enough progress 
    Hysteroscopy Jan '14, given an end-of-the-road diagnosis
    Joined International Asherman's Association April '14 
    Not ready to give up yet.
    Hysteroscopy with Dr. Isaacson (an expert in the USA) 6.2.14: Good prognosis, at least 50% of cavity open.
    Repeat hysteroscopy scheduled with Dr. I on 6.16.14. Great progress. Unbenched!!!!
    Discussing actively TTC with DH after the heartache of the last year. We're both reeling.

Please, please, please. 
  • I agree with MrsAtch & her doc. I let myself have tuna once every week or two. Which is really hard because I LOVE tuna fish!!!
    ? Kristen & Austin ~ Married 07.04.09 ? Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • No more than 1 can a week. I love tuna and I hate mayonaise so I mix mine with hummus. Top with lettuce, tomato, salt & pepper and swiss cheese. Milwaukee dill pickle on the side. YUM.

Dang it. Now I am hungry.

Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012
    Loss #6 2014 Loss #7 (chemical) 2014

~DS Born! 2009~
    ~DD Born! 2013~
    ~DD due! 2015~

• imageManderlin923:

No more than 1 can a week. I love tuna and I hate mayonaise so I mix mine with hummus. Top with lettuce, tomato, salt & pepper and swiss cheese. Milwaukee dill pickle on the side. YUM.

Dang it. Now I am hungry.

I'm the same with mayo (yuck!) but I've never tried it with hummus!  Have you tried it with pureed cauliflower?  It's actually pretty good (with the added vitamins in the cauliflower!)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Lol, no, I don't like cauliflower that much- it makes me too gassy!

But, I have had it mixed with sour cream as well or ranch dressing.

Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012
    Loss #6 2014 Loss #7 (chemical) 2014

~DS Born! 2009~
    ~DD Born! 2013~
    ~DD due! 2015~

• It's the ounces you should be concerned about.

I had a tuna sandwich last week and it was delicious - I used a can (smaller than a regular can) of the flavoured tuna and I plan on having another one this week!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• imageMrsAtch:
    Limit to oz, not servings. My doc said as long as I'm not eating more than a can of tuna a week I'm fine.

This.  I also only use chunk light tuna (the cheap stuff) as it has a lower mercury amount than albacore.  

BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • Now I just really want a tuna salad sandwich!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "'My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,' says the Lord. 'And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.'" Isaiah 55:8-9
    BFP #1 7/4/2010--Natural M/C 8/4/2010
    BFP #2 4/25/2011 Please stick, baby!! EDD 1/1/2012
    Forever Buddy to carrieandtim BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageshoefreak85:
    Now I just really want a tuna salad sandwich!

Me too!  Is it sad that the highlight of my next 24 hours will be lunch tomorrow?

Pregnancy Ticker Missed m/c 11/30/2010
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"