September 2011 Moms
Options

Who do you want with you at the hospital?

I just want DH there to begin with and then him to bring our duaghters in and get us all introduced as a family.

and this is our third child and more than likely a scheduled csection.

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Who do you want with you at the hospital?

• Options
    This is my first, and I plan on having a home birth. With that in mind, I only want SO, the midwife, and the midwife's two assistants there.
  • Options
    Only my DH. I delivered DS#1 with my baby sister in the room and she was annoying to say the least. We didn't really have a choice as I went into labor while she up visiting for the summer. My mom was supposed to make it up before the baby was born but with it being a 55 min. labor there's no way, she was 4 hours away. The other 2 births were just DH and we had visitors later and the next day when I got home. I'd really rather them visit when we get home. That way I can shower and settle and not have to deal with the hospital rules. I've had vaginal deliveries so far so I wouldn't want anyone else there.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I will have DH and my mom...I want a natural birth and my mom managed 3 of them and is super supportive so I feel like she will be a great comfort and good birthing coach for me. I know DH will try his hardest, but at some point, he will just not know what to say to help me lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    AzraylaAzrayla member
    Just DH and I at birth.. I think my mom believes shell be here this time but I got no sleep or piece with her and my step dad there last time (step dad didn't witness anything) and I was so exhausted after the baby.. so she can watch DD or just wait outside.. anyone can visit after if they want.. once im moved to the recovery room.
  • Options
    I want only my DH in the delivery room, but whoever wants to be in the waiting room is fine with me. They'll be welcome to come in and meet DS as soon as I'm cleaned up and he's all bundled up and in my arms. That's how we did it with DD and it was perfect. My mom, Dad, sister, and MIL were all right outside my delivery room waiting to come in and then other friends and family visited us during the remainder of our hospital stay. It was perfect.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Other than those who have medical reasons to be there, Monsieur and only Monsieur. I don't even want family and friends in the waiting room.Give me a good half a day after delivery before you come see us.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I only want DH there. Our families live out of state and have said they will come visit when we are ready. Soooo nice to not have to worry about hurting their feelings:)  But I have one of my closest friends on back-up, in case I freak out and feel like I need someone else there!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Dh & my twin sister. 

My parents, other siblings & in-laws can visit later... :-)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DH ONLY!!  He is not allowed to call anyone and tell them  I am in labor -- he is only allowed to call AFTER the baby is born.
  • Options

I'm delivering at a hospital, and family is welcome to come and wait in the waiting room all they want, but DH and staff are the only ones allowed in the delivery room with me.

greenbaby
    BFP 1/22/12 | Ectopic pregnancy found 2/14/12 | Methotrexate to complete m/c 2/15/12 imageimageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options

DH and Photographer during labor and delivery...aside from doc and nurse.

After my DH and DS.  Not sure about visitors this time around.  Kind of want some peace and quiet. 

• Options
    elyndselynds member

DH for the birth/laboring.  I am not delivering at a teaching hospital, so it will pretty much be my DH, OB, and nurse(s).

Afterwards I'd love to say that we need alone time and for nobody to visit for a while, but there's just no way that will happen.  All of my family will be living around us at that point and DH will be working at the hospital where I'll deliver so I'm sure we will be very visitor rich.  It's ok though, I'm cool with having a popular baby :).

• Options
    Just FI and medical staff. Everyone else can hang out at home until we call. Although our parents will probably be in the waiting room, no matter what I say.
  • Options

In the room when I deliver I only want DH to be there.. besides the midwife, nurse and doula of course. That's what we did when I had DD. All of our family was in the hospital - but not in the actual room.

Photobucket Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

It will only be DH and the doctors/nurses.  That's how it was with our other two boys.  I would love for my Mom to be there, but she's flying up to watch our two boys while we're in the hospital.

Hopefully, DS#3 decides to come AFTER she gets here. : )

BabyFruit TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image image
  • Options
    DH and my mom in the room, if allowed. I may need a c/s and there are usually some restrictions... I obviously want DH in the room for the birth of our first child, but my mother is the most amazing person and knows how to keep me calm and make me feel special in rough times... if DH were able to learn that in the next year, I may not be considering my mom so much haha... but he just frustrates me when I'm overwhelmed and anxious haha.
  • Options
    DH & mom... I still call my mom when I am feeling sick (maybe I am a big baby) but she still makes me feel better. She also had 5 kids so I feel like she will be helpful. The rest of my big loving family can come to visit after the baby is here. I got to take such awesome pictures of my friends little girl getting her first bath after delivery, I hope my family will be there to get the same pictures. 
  • Options
    Just DH. We'll invite our parents in when we've been moved in and gotten settled into our room.
  • Options

Just DH. We may not even tell anybody that we are in labor and at the hospital until way later in the process, like right before delivery or right after. We just want it to be the two of us. Everybody lives fairly close so it won't take them that long to get there.

Wyatt 9/6/2011 
    Tessa 7/5/2013
    Baby #3- ????? (ttc soon)

• Options

My midwife and my husband.  If my good online friend (who I've met before) who's also a doula is able to make it in time, she wants to be there, too.  She lives out of state so I'd have to call her as soon as I thought I was in labor.  I'd love to have her there, especially since she's doula'd a bunch of VBACs.  If she can't make it, so be it.

I don't really want my mom and sister there.  I love them, but they were utterly useless in the labor room with Sarah and all anyone did was manage to piss me off while they were sleeping and the friggin' BP cuff on the fetal monitor kept me up all night.  I eventually threw them out of the room and they didn't come back until a few hours before I wound up getting C-sectioned.

Wife, mom, Ob/Gyn resident
    Sarah - 12/23/2008
    Alex - 9/30/2011

"I say embrace the total geek in yourself and just enjoy it. Life is too short to be cool." - Shirley Manson, Garbage
  • Options
    imageMrsMichelleB:

ETA: I will allow medical students during the laboring part to learn monitoring and the such, but again with pushing - out everyone goes.  

If you're delivering at a teaching hospital, I'm glad you're doing this, though I wish you'd let them stay if they wanted to.  Smile

My hospital does not have medical students or residents so that won't be a concern for me, but I would totally let them in there if they were (obviously).  If my CNM has a student-midwife with her she'd be welcome, but I don't think she will.

Wife, mom, Ob/Gyn resident
    Sarah - 12/23/2008
    Alex - 9/30/2011

"I say embrace the total geek in yourself and just enjoy it. Life is too short to be cool." - Shirley Manson, Garbage
  • Options
    Probably just DH. I had also been thinking about my mom, but then I found out that she and my dad will be traveling the week of my due date. Unfortunately my husband isn't so great with medical stuff (he gets very woozy), so I've also considered hiring a doula just in case my husband really can't deal with things.

• Options
    elyndselynds member
    imageGeekchick921:
    imageMrsMichelleB:

ETA: I will allow medical students during the laboring part to learn monitoring and the such, but again with pushing - out everyone goes.  

If you're delivering at a teaching hospital, I'm glad you're doing this, though I wish you'd let them stay if they wanted to.  Smile

My hospital does not have medical students or residents so that won't be a concern for me, but I would totally let them in there if they were (obviously).  If my CNM has a student-midwife with her she'd be welcome, but I don't think she will.

Ditto!  My DH has ZERO OB experience because everyone declined medical students.  Kinda crazy to think that there are a lot of doctors out there who've never delivered a baby!  I'm not delivering at a teaching hospital - the only students are 9 residents and I actually know all of them personally since DH is one, so if they were there by some chance it'd be fine with me. 

• Options
    This is our second and a scheduled c/s. Only DH will be there. My parents will be home with DS1, and they can all come up to visit once we're in recovery.
    imageimageimage
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Granted I didn't read all these responses thoroughly so I may have missed it, but it *appears* that nobody says "MIL is going to be in the delivery room".

I say DH and *probably* my mom. Although, I may kick her out LOL. MIL insists that I will want  her in there and she is SUPPOSED to be in there... Luckily she lives about 15 hours away and who knows if she'd make it in  time so we can hopefully avoid the issue.

Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wedding Anniversary: August 7th 2010 BFP: December 22nd 2010 Beautiful Little Birthday: August 30th 2011

BLOG.

• Options
    DH. Period. I'm not opposed to visitors afterward.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagesunflower8710:

Granted I didn't read all these responses thoroughly so I may have missed it, but it *appears* that nobody says "MIL is going to be in the delivery room".

I say DH and *probably* my mom. Although, I may kick her out LOL. MIL insists that I will want  her in there and she is SUPPOSED to be in there... Luckily she lives about 15 hours away and who knows if she'd make it in  time so we can hopefully avoid the issue.

I wanted my MIL in the room. She has been a labor and delivery nurse for over 30 years, has a very level head, and is very smart. However, she doesn't want to be in the room.

Wyatt 9/6/2011 
    Tessa 7/5/2013
    Baby #3- ????? (ttc soon)

• Options

For DS, it was DH, my mom, & my cousin, whom is also my BFF and Godmother to my DS.

I think the same will happen this time around.

After delivery, my room was a mad house. I swear 30+ people in & out of there. It was kinda overwhelming.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"