Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Dumb mommy guilt confession

I don't know why, but every time I wear DS in the Ergo because I want/need to get something done, I feel guilty.  Even though he is perfectly content.  I feel like I should be playing wit him.  Anyone else ever feel this way?  Please tell me I'm crazy, EFFers.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Dumb mommy guilt confession

• Options
    In general with #2 I often feel that way, because I either have to get things done or I am chasing #1 around.  I'm not always wearing him when I feel this guilt, and to your credit, I feel less guilty when he's at least worn, as he gets to see what's going on which is stimulating!
  • Options
    Mommy guilt is a tough beast.  I can understand where you're coming from but I don't think you have anything to feel guilty about.   You can't entertain your LO 24/7 and wearing them is a wonderful alternative considering you are still comforting and stimulating him.

Big E (6) & Little E (2.5)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, you're crazy and yes I felt the same way.  I'm hoping with #2 it will be like Papa says because it's the only way I'm going to survive.  Just try to remember how stimulating your talking or signing or moving to new places is for such a little one.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

imagepapagena:
    In general with #2 I often feel that way, because I either have to get things done or I am chasing #1 around.  I'm not always wearing him when I feel this guilt, and to your credit, I feel less guilty when he's at least worn, as he gets to see what's going on which is stimulating!

this, sort of.  I wear DD all.the.time. Mostly because she is more content that way because, well, she's my little drama queen/princess haha and wearing her keeps her sort of in the centre of attention because I'm constantly talking to her while wearing her...

DS 06.26.08 DD 10.23.10
    imageimage
  • Options

imagepapagena:

This.. sans DC#2.

I feel fine if he's, say.. in the swing watching me cook, or something like that.. but when he's prefectly happy playing and I'm in another part of the room, or in another room [even if I can still see him!] I feel like I should be playing with him or "teaching" him.. then I realize he needs his downtime as much as I do!  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickers
  • Options
    kdellokdello member
    I assure you he's much happier in the Ergo snuggling Mama than in a swing by himself like 90% of other kids.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, I feel better!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"