South Florida Babies
Options

double strollers - moms of 2 come in!!

I'm leaning towards the City Select double: this one 

CSDIA2-2.jpg

I would prefer the single style look as opposed to a side by side since it'll be easier to get through doors, aisles, etc...but I'm open to suggestions & other recs 

Re: double strollers - moms of 2 come in!!

• Options

We have a double snap and go, which is tandem, and we have a side by side (Bumbleride), and I've come to the conclusion, stores are just not equipped for double strollers, no matter which shape!

I love the Bumbleride bc 1) drives well, 2) very cushiony (compared to the City Mini), 3) reclines fully 4) has a very large seat (to hold taller babies) and 4) has large canopy.  However, it is quite bulky and heavy.

I really like the concept of the City Select bc if you are with one child (or when oldest is no longer in stroller) you can use also as a single.  Plus it is great than you can configure in different directions.  However, I'm not a fan of tandem strollers for twins, but can be a nice option for you.  One thing to look into is the size limitations... I know my boys wouldn't be able to use that stroller very long! 

The City Mini is also a very popular option amongst moms of multiples.  However, what we didn't like about it is that the seat doesn't have much support (more like a hammock).  For a double stroller, it is rather light.

We have a hand-me-down Peg Perego Aria, which is also very nice, and perfect option for kids of different ages!  It is very easy to fold and rather light.   

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE my city mini!!!!  It fits through all doors perfectly (it's ADA standard)  It looks HUGE but it's actually really narrow.

As for the no support thing- we've never had an issue with it.  Sarah was perfectly comfortable in it at 3 months and Abby is great in it.  It's not at all like a hammock.  It may not have a solid board in the back, but it has as much support as the maclaren.

It's super light and easy to fold and I can do it with both girls hanging on me :)  If you still have emily in a car seat, the adaptor fits really well on it and wasn't unbalanced or anything.  I can't see your pic, but i never liked the ones where the kid was on the bottom or in the back, i felt like they wer missing out on views!! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagecocojack10:

We have a double snap and go, which is tandem, and we have a side by side (Bumbleride), and I've come to the conclusion, stores are just not equipped for double strollers, no matter which shape!

I love the Bumbleride bc 1) drives well, 2) very cushiony (compared to the City Mini), 3) reclines fully 4) has a very large seat (to hold taller babies) and 4) has large canopy.  However, it is quite bulky and heavy.

I really like the concept of the City Select bc if you are with one child (or when oldest is no longer in stroller) you can use also as a single.  Plus it is great than you can configure in different directions.  However, I'm not a fan of tandem strollers for twins, but can be a nice option for you.  One thing to look into is the size limitations... I know my boys wouldn't be able to use that stroller very long! 

The City Mini is also a very popular option amongst moms of multiples.  However, what we didn't like about it is that the seat doesn't have much support (more like a hammock).  For a double stroller, it is rather light.

We have a hand-me-down Peg Perego Aria, which is also very nice, and perfect option for kids of different ages!  It is very easy to fold and rather light.   

The City Select says the seats go up to 45 lbs each.  

• Options
    imagebritishbride05:

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE my city mini!!!!  It fits through all doors perfectly (it's ADA standard)  It looks HUGE but it's actually really narrow.

As for the no support thing- we've never had an issue with it.  Sarah was perfectly comfortable in it at 3 months and Abby is great in it.  It's not at all like a hammock.  It may not have a solid board in the back, but it has as much support as the maclaren.

It's super light and easy to fold and I can do it with both girls hanging on me :)  If you still have emily in a car seat, the adaptor fits really well on it and wasn't unbalanced or anything.  I can't see your pic, but i never liked the ones where the kid was on the bottom or in the back, i felt like they wer missing out on views!! 

Jenny, here's the link from their website. I'm on a Mac, so I can't make it clicky.

https://www.babyjogger.com/city_select_lp.aspx

• Options
    If I needed a double (which I don't) I would get the city select, I love the options. I love that it can be a single or double, they can face each other or not. Love it. Plus I test drove it and I thought it handled great! 
    image image

• Options
    g8orellg8orell member
    I had the city select and HATED it! I returned it for the Britax B-Ready and absolutely love it. The city select is looong (i wanted something more compact) and i found in pretty much any position, one seat could not be reclined. Go and test drive EVERYTHING. Whenever we meet up, you can play with my b-ready.
    Camryn Grace ~ July 6th, 2009 ~ 7lbs 9oz, 20.5" Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    Brayden Richard Drew ~ December 20, 2010~7lbs 9oz, 20" Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

peg perego 60/40 aria twin.

i love it! my kids are 2.5 yrs apart...mady doesn't use it ALL the time, but it's great for me since i'm usually alone with both kids. it's very lightweight and compact. both seats recline all the way back and incline all the way to the front. both trays come off, it has a diaper bag hook. one side (the 60 side) is big enough to put the car seat on.

my options were the city mini (but i thought it was too "babyish" for mady), and the mac double (which is too "toddlerish" for evan). happy shopping!

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't get a double but I was going to get the Baby Jogger City Mini. I love that stroller but the price tag is high and Quinn rarely gets in the stroller. I've seen the Britax B-Ready and it is a great stroller for a baby and a toddler.
  • Options

The weight limits are one thing, but height is another.  My godson isn't a tall boy (I believe inteh 50%) and when he tested out the City Mini at age 2, he barely fit the height.  Every child is different, and perhaps his parents didn't adjust the canopy correctly.  Jen can prob comment better since her girls are above average height (and oh so cute). 

And I fogot to mention that all side by side strollers fit through commercial doors perfectly fine, as they are usually more narrow than a wheel chair.  The only doors I've had trouble getting into are bedroom doors (when visiting family and we want to "hide" babies).

As for the hammock feel in the City Mini... a lot of people have no complains, and again, it is very popular with MOMs (check the multiples board).  However, I personally didn't like it for my boys... not saying it isn't a good stroller.

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I didn't even consider the girls height. I'll look into it a little more closely the next time I go see the strollers in person. Thanks for all the info :)
  • Options

imageUMwife:
    I didn't even consider the girls height. I'll look into it a little more closely the next time I go see the strollers in person. Thanks for all the info :)

dude, you know abby and sarah are giants lol  they fit perfectly in it :)   

• Options
    heyleeheylee member
    We have the Double Snap n Go. My sister got it for me off Ebay for $50 and I know people sell them on Craigslist all the time. It's really easy to use and rides fine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I love my bumbleride indie twin!
    My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageJune2007:
    I love my bumbleride indie twin!

Me too!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"