North Carolina Babies

Where to get swimwear?

I have been putting off buying maternity swimwear, but DH's work is having a Memorial Day pool party and I know it will be in the 90's so I will be getting in the water.  Any recommendations on where to get inexpensive tops?  I have a few plain bikini bottoms that fit fine, so I just need to get some tankini's I guess.  And I would prefer to go in store and buy versus order online, like Old Navy is only online, and Target's suits are just ugly online and in store.  OR, do you think buying a size or 2 up of a regular tankini top would work?

Re: Where to get swimwear?

• I know you said in store, but I was going to suggest Old Navy if you could find one with suits in store (I thought some of them did).  What about Motherhood?

I don't think you need maternity though.  I guess that's what I was thinking with Old Navy, that they carry regular suits in store. 

Are you against showing your belly?  Are the tops you have now just too small?  I couldn't find a suit (bikini or tankini) that fit my boobs, so I just took one of my old tankinis that was too tight around my belly, and cut it off and made it a bikini.  It's perfect!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Have you tried JCPenney's or Kohl's? You might be able to find a "flowy" one that you like there. I saw some cute tankini tops at JCPenney.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Kohls has some mix-n-match tankinis for special needs like "long torso" or "tummy slimmer" that I think would work for you in their Croft & Barrow brand. 

The "tummy slimmer" version have ties on the side that you can extend to make long or cinch up so it's ruched on the side. They work perfectly for a maternity substitute. 

• I hadn't even thought of Kohl's and I have some coupons and Kohl's cash I can use, so that would be great!  I don't mind showing off the belly, but we typically go to DH's work and I need to cover up somewhat around his boss and employees.  My boobs exploded with Owen but this time they haven't changed much, so I can still get in my bikini tops for when we go to the beach or the little pool we have out back.
  • JuberPJuberP member

Not sure if you have a Destination Maternity/Pea in the Pod, but they had super cute (and pricey) tankinis last summer.  For me, the price was worth it because I wore it really often.

That being said, I also like the pp's Kohls suggestion.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"