School-Aged Children

Carseat/booster poll - if your DC is still in one

What seat is your DC in?

What's their age?

Does it have latch?

Where did you buy it?

How much did you pay?

When did your DC move to their current seat?

TIA!

DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12

Re: Carseat/booster poll - if your DC is still in one

• Graco Turbo Booster with Back

No

Wal-Mart

$40

He moved from the Graco Nautilus 5 pt. harness about 8 months ago.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageshouldbworkin:

What seat is your DC in?

Evenflo Big Kid DLX Booster

What's their age?

Does it have latch?

No

Where did you buy it?

Target

How much did you pay?

$39

Last year, at 4.  (She had outgrown her convertible seat.) 

TIA!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • What seat is your DC in?
    Sunshine Kids Radian XTSL
    Graco Nautilus
    Graco Highback TurboBooster (in my sister's car)
    Recaro Vivo (for when DD2 needs the Radian)

What's their age?
    She'll be 5 years in a week.

Does it have latch?
    Radian - Yes
    Nautilus - Yes
    TurboBooster - No
    Vivo - No

Where did you buy it?
    Radian - elitecarseats.com
    Nautilus - Walmart?
    TurboBooster - Sam's Club
    Vivo - amazon.com

How much did you pay?
    Radian - $240?
    Nautilus - $125?
    TurboBooster - $45ish
    Vivo - $75

She's been ffing in some sort of 5pt harness seat since 2.5 years. We used the TurboBooster for the first time in January on vacation (so she was 4.5 years), and she's used it once or twice since then. We just bought the Vivo on amazon's lightening steals. Right now she still fits just fine in the Radian and Nautilus, so the plan is to move her out of the Radian and into the Vivo booster when DD2 outgrows the smaller Britax Roundabout rfing. I think we have another 6 months or so.

Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • imageshouldbworkin:

What seat is your DC in?  Graco TurboBooster- backless

What's their age? - almost 6

Does it have latch?  no

Where did you buy it?  Wal-Mart

How much did you pay? 45

When did your DC move to their current seat?  4.5 with back but she didn't like the back.  My van has adjustable seltbelts so it hits her just fine on the lowest setting. 

TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What seat is your DC in? Britax boulevard

What's their age?  my 17 month old and 4 and 5 (almost 6) year olds are all in Britax boulevards

Does it have latch? yes

Where did you buy it?  I bought the bigger kids at Babies r us and Ruby's from Albeebabby.com

How much did you pay?  i think about $250 ish

When did your DC move to their current seat?  all as soon as they were out of their infant seats

They last until 65 pounds so I plan on keeping the kids in these for as long as I can.

• imageAngelaU1971:

What seat is your DC in? Britax boulevard

What's their age?  my 17 month old and 4 and 5 (almost 6) year olds are all in Britax boulevards

Does it have latch? yes

Where did you buy it?  I bought the bigger kids at Babies r us and Ruby's from Albeebabby.com

When did your DC move to their current seat?  all as soon as they were out of their infant seats

They last until 65 pounds so I plan on keeping the kids in these for as long as I can.

This is what we have now too.  But, both DS and DD are about to outgrow the harnesses (they're 2 years apart, but the same height).  I wish they'd made the harness height heigher on those.  It looks like larger harness seats will only get us a couple extra inches in harness height, too.  For $250-$300, I was hoping they could use them a little longer (although, I just realized DS's expires in November of this year ... grrrr!).

• imageshouldbworkin:
    imageAngelaU1971:

Does it have latch? yes

This is what we have now too.  But, both DS and DD are about to outgrow the harnesses (they're 2 years apart, but the same height).  I wish they'd made the harness height heigher on those.  It looks like larger harness seats will only get us a couple extra inches in harness height, too.  For $250-$300, I was hoping they could use them a little longer (although, I just realized DS's expires in November of this year ... grrrr!).

I don't even know about the height for the harness!  I thought they could use it til 65 lbs.  Do you know what the max height is?

• imageAngelaU1971:
    imageshouldbworkin:
    imageAngelaU1971:

Does it have latch? yes

I don't even know about the height for the harness!  I thought they could use it til 65 lbs.  Do you know what the max height is?

I think it depends on how it fits your DC.  The slots should be below their shoulders and their ears can't be above the top of the seat.  I didn't even realize we were close until I turned the knob to move the harness up higher and it wouldn't go up anymore.  =(

• What seat is your DC in? Graco High-back Turbobooster

What's their age? 6.5

Does it have latch? No

Where did you buy it? Target

How much did you pay? $50

When did your DC move to their current seat? In DH's car she's been in a TB since she turned 6. In my car we moved her to the TB when she turned 6.5.

Mom to J (10), L (4), and baby #3 arriving in July of 2015
  • What seat is your DC in?Graco Nautilus  What's their age?6yrs- still uses the 5pt harnessDoes it have latch?Yes Where did you buy it? TargetHow much did you pay?Um...its been a while.  I *think* $175?? When did your DC move to their current seat?When he turned 3yrs old.   The same goes for my twin dds.  They just turned 5 same seat, same price and same store.  (theirs are pink and were bought 1yr later)  They are also in the 5pt harness. 
    1st Day of Kindergarten & 1st Grade 08.29.11

Landon * Kaydance * Kennedy
    5/13/05 ******5/24/06

* Baby is due July 24 2012 * Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • What seat is your DC in? (I'll just do the 3 olders since it's for school aged kids)

AJ-Britax Parkway Safe Guard

Evan-Graco Nautilus w/ harness

Ilana-SKJP Radian

What's their age?

AJ-8

Evan-6.5

Ilana-4.5

Does it have latch?

AJ-no, but the newer versions do

Evan-yes, but we use the seatbelt

Ilana-yes, but we use the seatbelt

Where did you buy it?

AJ- we won it, woohoo!

Evan-Target

Ilana- I get a discount from the manufacturer so I got it there

How much did you pay?

AJ-Free

Evan-$150 I think

Ilana-$200

AJ-7 yrs 3 mos, he was harnessed till then

Evan-I think he was 5.5yo, AJ moved out and he moved in and gave his to Ilana

Ilana-3.5yo I guess if Evan moved out at 5.5yo, lol

As a carseat tech, I feel strongly about rearfacing for as long as possible in most cases, till at least 3 or longer and then harenssing in the main vehicle till at least 6. The boys have used boosters since 4.5-5yo when needed and do well w/ that, but still remained harnessed till they can sit well in their booster and outgrow their harnessed seat. Then after that they go to a highbacked booster as it offers more protection in side impact crashes and for younger kids, gives them places to rest their head if they fall asleep and are much better at positioning the seatbelt.

Jennifer, wife, CPST, birth Doula, LPN to BSN student, and 3x VBAC mama to AJ (8, Evan (7), Ilana (5),Olivia (2), and 8/24/12!
  • What seat is your DC in? Britax Marathon

What's their age? 5 and 3 1/2

Does it have latch? yes

Where did you buy it? probably Babies R Us or Toys R Us

How much did you pay? can't remember, maybe $250 each?

When did your DC move to their current seat? as soon as they were out of the  infant carrier

when 3rd baby is born in August, both boys will move to the back of our minivan and into the Britax Frontier booster seats

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"