Trouble TTC

When do you usually ovulate on Femara?

Last cycle I took it days 5-9 and ovulated (with trigger) on CD 20. I'm in a wedding on June 4 and will be out of town, so I'm really hoping I don't have to miss my IUI this month because of it. Do you usually ovulate around the same time each month when taking it?

Re: When do you usually ovulate on Femara?

• I was going to ask almost the same exact question. 

This is the first month I'm on it and I was wondering if you O early/late in your cycle when on it.

Any help on the subject would be greatly appreciated! : )

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If you are doing an IUI are they going to have you trigger with and HSG shot?  A trigger shot helps your RE know when to do the IUI so that you don't miss ovulation.  I think everyone is different and I also think it would depend on if you are taking it the same cycle days as the first cycle you took the Femara.  If the dosage and CD that you took the Femara are the same as the cycle before you should ovulate around the same time, but it also just depends since your body can react differently each cycle to the same drug.  I would ask your RE about a trigger shot if you are doing an IUI though.

Edit: I saw that you did a trigger last time and the way triggers work is you ovulate usually 24-36 hours after trigger.  So it would depend on what CD you trigger as to what CD you ovulate and do the IUI. 

Trying To Conceive since November 2009
    Dx: PCOS and MFI
    IUI#1-4 all BFN
    IVF#1 January (4R, 4M, 1F) BFP
    Colt was born on 10/27 at 11:50pm. 6lbs and 19 1/4"
    Surpise! Baby #2 is on it's way.  EDD 9.18.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I just reread my post and it was kinda all over the place :/  I hope you could decipher my mumble jumbo.
    Trying To Conceive since November 2009
    Dx: PCOS and MFI
    IUI#1-4 all BFN
    IVF#1 January (4R, 4M, 1F) BFP
    Colt was born on 10/27 at 11:50pm. 6lbs and 19 1/4"
    Surpise! Baby #2 is on it's way.  EDD 9.18.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • kelnyckelnyc member

This is my third cycle on femara and I take it days 2-6. First time I Oed on CD14, last month on CD12, and this month TBD. It already feels like it will be earlier again, but I'll know more at my u/s tomorrow. GL!

ETA: I O on my own and this cycle will be the first IUI, so I have no experience with triggers at this point.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
    After 22 cycles and 4 failed IUIs, Serafina joined our family through IVF/ICSI, born 8.28.12
    Our surprise baby, Juliette, is due 12.8.14!

• I was on femara and took it cd 3-7.  For the first 2 IUIs I triggered on Day 12.  The last IUI they triggered on Day 14.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This is only my first cycle on Femara, but I O'd on CD20. With Clomid I O'd on CD11. I don't know if that helps you or not, but good luck with this cycle! 
  • KateBeeKateBee member

imagehunterjumper102:
    I just reread my post and it was kinda all over the place :/  I hope you could decipher my mumble jumbo.

I got it - thank you! I did trigger last time, so hopefully when I go in on Monday for my baseline u/s they can give me a better idea of when I'll trigger this month. I'd just be so sad to miss out on a month because I'm out of town for the weekend. And I'm in the wedding so it's not like it's something I can miss out on. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"