2nd Trimester

HCG - Rising but not Doubling in 1st Tri

Has anyone experienced a pregnancy where HCG level is rising but not doubling??  If so, what happened? 

Mine went from: 3500 on Thursday, 6800 Monday, & 10,000 Thursday. I am just over 6 weeks.

Re: HCG - Rising but not Doubling in 1st Tri

• Some women's hcg just doesn't double like other's. The fact that it's rising is good. If your doctor isn't concerned I wouldn't be too much either. You should talk to your doc and see what they think about it.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married 2/24/2008

BFP #1 3/13/13, MMC 4/17/13, D&C 4/19/13

BFP #2 8/7/13, Beta at 4w6d = 3,796

• quezzoquezzo member
    There is a point where HCG's stop doubling every two days and yo actually may be at that point. Why aren't they doing an ultrasound if they are worried? You are far enough along where they will be able to see something, and maybe even a HB. HCG just aren't as helpful once you can have an ultrasound. There is also a point where they stop rising and actually start to decrease; however, I believe this is somewhere in early second tri. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Two doctors have told me that they don't actually have to double but they want to see a rise of over 50%.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Our midwife said that once HCG gets to 5000-6000 range, ultrasounds are more reliable b/c beta doubling time increases the further along you get.  At 6 weeks, you should be able to see a sac and heartbeat--why are you still having betas and not an early u/s?  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    We'll always remember our angel baby: BFP 9/24/10, M/C 10/23/10 8w4d
  • From Thursday to Monday, the levels are awfully close to doubling.  Keep in mind that they look for doubling every 72 hours and depending on what time they drew blood on each day, you may have been within that.  By 6-7 weeks of pregnancy doubling time may increase to more like 84 hours.  Looks like you're doing just fine to me.

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • When I was 5 weeks.. my hCG was 225... it only went up by about 60% in 48 hours, and then the same with 2 days later. Now I'm 24 weeks. No stress!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"